01-15-18 ★ A quick update to start off after the pause is a new short form to fill out when posting for approval (new characters from here on out) to have a record for all team of the Staff to look over when changes are made to make it easier for both sides. Be sure to check to check it out on our new approval thread! (Read More)

01-02-18 ★ LTTS will be having a pause on staff actions on the site on January 1st till the 15th. (Read More)

01-08-18 ★ There's now a way to check out who are in the herds alongside their ranks. Check them out underneath the Who's Online area on the index page! And, the herd pixels are back right below these news blurbs.

Mid-Winter, Year 2    Leviticus Era
A meeting for the Knights of Lyrus is being hosted by Commander Kodarki in the Red Waste!
Destroyah has lost to Draco in a heated fight, but we're sure we'll see more from the mare!
Valor the dragon-horse has lost against Zuriel, fighting on behalf of Etain for Crucis!
The Hall of the Dead now has an official forum within the Depths.
Beaufort takes Amapola to the Creation Pool after she was badly beaten by Valor.
Valor calls together the horses of the Viridian Fields for a meeting.

Chatter

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Open  don't worry, I wouldn't fit in your skin [Mature]
Confidant

Neutral
 Adult, 5 yrs  Mare
 17.1 hh  1800 lbs
38 Posts 350 points
 Kornari Offline
Posted on Aug 27 2017, 11:21 PM.

Nocturné
hic sunt leones
The world was soundless... the shadow of the mountains obscuring the Heretic valley. High above, the slim crescent of a waxing moon grinned down, casting only the faintest glimmer of light into the darkness. It was the perfect atmosphere to hunt, and Nocturné would not squander the opportunity.

The ebony vixen crouched deep within the shelter of one of the larger iron deposits. A few yards away, a great hart grazed upon the lush grasses completely unaware of the danger that watched him from the shadows... A ruby tongue flicked out and caressed the fae's lips, her mouth watering with the thought of the kill to come.

But just as she was about to strike, her keen eyes caught movement from across the clearing. It seemed another predator was also taking advantage of the nearly-moonless night to hunt. Well...this will certainly make things more interesting... the lioness purred to herself, golden orbs observing the lupine that stalked her prey...

Like herself, the wolf was black as night. In fact if it weren't for her feline vision, she might have missed him stalking through the shadows at the base of the mountain. He was large, easily tall enough that his shoulder would be level with the lady's chest. Nocturné observed as the other carnivore sneaked as close as he dared, right up to the edge of the umbra where mountain shadow gave way to moonlight. Like lightning, he struck. Within seconds, the wolf's fangs were sunk into the throat of the great beast. The stag's dying cries rang out in the silence of the valley, fading out into the bloody gurgle of death as his air was cut off by the massive wolf's jaws.

It was only once the wolf had done the work for her, the hart's body limp and lifeless, that Nocturné emerged like a wraith from the shadow of the ore. Instantly the wolf's ears perked up at her approach, then pinned as he tried to defend his kill. He was nearly a match for her considerable size, but Nocturné would not be deterred so easily. She bared her own fangs, a feral hiss erupting from deep within her throat. Her opponent faltered, not sure what to make of the mountain cat noises coming from the equine's lips. That was all she needed, and she lunged. Fangs met flesh, and the burst of blood in her mouth nearly made the ebonite lioness moan with pleasure. The canine put up a hell of a fight, claws raking the flesh of the lady's neck, shoulders, and chest. Nocturné simply clamped down harder on his throat against the pain, her slitted pupils expanding with the influx of blood and power. They thrashed, the equine's claws ripping at the underbelly of the wolf until the grass, the stag's corpse, and both combatants were covered in blood. What seemed like long minutes, but was only really seconds later, Nocturné stood victorious over the body of her kill. Her sides heaved, forelegs shaking with the effort and thrill of the kill. 

It has been some time since I have felt so alive.

She then allowed herself to feed, pointed fangs ripping flesh in a way no true equine's could. All the while she remained alert... knowing the scent of blood may bring visitors...

"Vocalization." | Actions | Thoughts

OOC | Bring 'em on ladies and gents! Noc needs to meet more of the herd.

Commoner

Aggressor
 Adult, 4 yrs  Mare
 17.3 hh  1400 lbs
8 Posts 150 points
 Moseley Offline
Posted on Sep 12 2017, 4:30 PM. (Edited: Sep 30 2017, 6:43 PM by Thorn.)

Night had fallen, but the young one could not sleep. Her thoughts rained heavily down upon any ember of hope she had that she could drift to sleep. Tiredness did not come to the mare easily, her head ever a swim with new questions that needed answering. She was new to the world, oh so new and tender. And yet she had been tossed into it anyway, left to fend for herself. Not that she chose to direct that bitterness to her Father. He had given her some semblance of a path to follow.

Her hooves carried her easily through the shadows of the Valley, tail licking back and forth at her hind limbs, long tendrils of delicate hair trailing upon the ground behind her. Thorn kept a slow pace, a delicate tread and a watchful eye. Her body shimmered slightly in the temporary light offered by the moon, glistening her coat hues of green and blue.

Ears swivelled quickly, catching the screams of a deer echoing off the fortress walls. Her head turned to face them, trying to find the source but failing in the darkness. Her eyes were not used to it yet. The screams seemed to gurgle down, ending in some form of pitiful wailing. Soon afterwards, the thick scent of blood filled her nostrils.

Whilst she did not feed upon flesh, the scent was somewhat enticing. It called to her, tangling itself in her mane and filling her head with endless possibilities. One thought rang loud amongst the mess of words and whispers - I must find the source.

Find it she did, a few moments of searching later. Her green hooves carried her towards a mare, painted black like the sky they stood beneath. Ram horns curled up from the woman's head, thick at the base and tipped with a point. Fangs, paws and a cat-like tail also marked this equine, but most encapturing was the gold of the woman's eyes.

Thorn averted her gaze a little as the woman fed upon the carcass beneath her fangs, eyes finding the second one not so far away. A wolf and a deer? Who killed who? She mused the scene a moment, before drawing her pointless conclusion. From the way the wolf's body was positioned between the woman and the Cervidae, the Canine had caught itself a meal before being disposed of itself.

What tough luck, a smile formed upon her lips.
turn your guts into human juice
OOC| Nocturné Edit: Fixed the broken code

Confidant

Neutral
 Adult, 5 yrs  Mare
 17.1 hh  1800 lbs
38 Posts 350 points
 Kornari Offline
Posted on Sep 14 2017, 12:17 AM. (Edited: Sep 14 2017, 12:18 AM by Nocturné.)

Nocturné
hic sunt leones
Fangs ripped into flesh, blood ran freely down my front, and my breath came in short pants. The exertion, the exhilaration of the kill still made adrenaline flood my veins and I did not yet feel the pain of the deep slices that marred my neck and chest. I likely looked like some sort of demon, my skin flayed and raw from the wolf's death throes. But despite my hedonistic appearance, it seemed a little lamb had come to play with the lion.

My tongue snaked out to caress my lips as I raised my head and acknowledged the filly. She was young, her coat an interesting mixture of blues and greens. Her white eyes glistened like two stars in the darkness, and I could see the smile that pulled at her lips as she observed my feast. A brow raised, my golden eyes taking her in with a lazy curiosity. I vaguely remembered sighting her at the sacrifice, hidden amongst the bodies of the larger equines that had gathered. Considering that fact, it likely meant she was a fellow member of the herd. My dished head dipped slightly in a nod of greeting.

"Salutations, young one. I don't believe we have met."

The words might sound merely pleasant coming from another, but from my lips they were sultry, tempting, teasing. A respectful hello from one Heretic to another, certainly, but also a hint of challenge. Was this youth here to merely observe? To join in the feast? I could not tell for certain, but something about her manner intrigued me. I gestured towards the two carcasses at my feet.

"Care to join me? There's plenty to go around."

As if to demonstrate, I lowered my face into the wolf's belly again and ripped a length of tender muscle. Warm blood ran down my throat and raw power coursed into my veins as the wolf's life energy flowed into me. For that was the way of the world - the predator kills the prey, its energy transferred to the stronger creature. Again and again until the end of time, the circle went on. That was why I insisted on remaining at the top of the food chain. 

Chewing on the meat that dangled from my mouth, I turned back to the young filly and waited.

OOC | Thorn

Commoner

Aggressor
 Adult, 4 yrs  Mare
 17.3 hh  1400 lbs
8 Posts 150 points
 Moseley Offline
Posted on Sep 30 2017, 7:48 PM.

The black head was raised to her and nodded in greeting. A tongue licked the blood covered pair of lips, the young mare's white eyes following the movement. Golden eyes fell upon Thorn, but she made no move to suggest it discomforted her in any way. Instead, she met that gaze without fear and replicated the older mare's greeting gesture. 

It was strange. Whilst she was no more than a child, but a handful of days old to the world, the young woman never thought herself as such. Her body was matured. There was no childishness to her manner, nor her mind. Yes, she considered herself young. But never a child. Not once had she referred to herself as such, nor had she ever named herself as simply a girl. No, the mare was a mare. A young one, but a matured adult nonetheless.

"No, we have not," she replied to the black mare's words, "I am new to the herd... I have met no one but my - the boy, Prince."

Ah, that was a close one. She almost let the secret slip from her velvet lips. It was odd. She had no qualms with referring to Prince as a child, but herself on the other hand...

A smile quirked her lips at the mare's invitation.

"I would love to join you, but I'm afraid to say I do not eat meat."
OOC|Nocturné D: Sorry it's so late!!

Confidant

Neutral
 Adult, 5 yrs  Mare
 17.1 hh  1800 lbs
38 Posts 350 points
 Kornari Offline
Posted on Oct 19 2017, 11:01 PM.

Nocturné
hic sunt leones
To one who had lived as many lives as the black mistress had, everyone was young. Even Draco, whom she bowed to, was no more than a child to one as ancient as herself. Still, she had to remind herself that this body, this lifetime, the was practically of an age with the other woman. 

At the ombre-hued mare's words, Nocturné nodded. She did not miss the hesitation... and quietly wondered what exactly it was that she had almost said. Her friend? Her lover? Though it intrigued her, the lady did not linger upon it. It really wasn't that important, or if it was she would find out soon enough.

"I have not been here long myself. I am Nocturné, Confidant of the Emperor. "

A soft chuckle erupted from the lioness' fanged maw at her next words. Really she should have known better, but her short time in Elysium had conditioned her to the fact that there were far more carnivores among the equines here than there had been in any of her previous incarnations. It seemed she had forgotten that they were still a minority compared to the "normal" herbivores. 

"Ah, my apologies. I tend to forget that I am an exception rather than the norm."

Her lips pulled up into a smile, albeit a wicked one full of dark temptation. 

"So what brings you to the Heretics, friend? We are not exactly the most beloved of Elysium's herds."

The lady had to admit, she was curious. Newcomers were not exactly common, though they were not exceptionally rare either. Certainly the lass had her reasons... and Nocturné wanted to know what they were. Knowledge was power, and in her new position as Confidant it was the most important thing she could gather.

OOC | Thorn

Commoner

Aggressor
 Adult, 4 yrs  Mare
 17.3 hh  1400 lbs
8 Posts 150 points
 Moseley Offline
Posted on Nov 23 2017, 6:22 PM.

Her eyes did not shift from the dark woman before her. Pupilless and pure white, she had inherited both her Father's and, Grandmother's before him, eyes. Although, Thorn herself knew nothing of her heritage. It was strange, she did not even know her Mother. What had happened to her? Had she drowned like Thorn herself almost had, in that pool?

Her many questions would likely never have an answer until she confronted Prince about them. Then she would find out the truth - she would drag it from his lips with force if she had to. But not yet. No, not yet. The man-child was still sickeningly endeared in her mind, and she did not wish him harm.

Nocturné, the woman's name was. And she, too had not been in the herd that long? Yet, she was already confident to the Emporer himself. That was rather impressive.

"Pleasure to meet you, Nocturné. I am Thorn," she replied, giving a little bob of her head.

"No, do not apologise. To be honest, I am a little... jealous," Thorn tilted her head away slightly with the last word, but kept her eyes trained on the woman as they fluttered slightly.

She was jealous, it was no lie. It was fascinating that horses could consume meat. No one had told her that. No one had told her anything. It seemed a little unfair that she should have to learn about the world first-hand through strangers when her Father had lived in this land for, well, his entire life. So she presumed, anyway.

Ah, the next question was the real one, wasn't it. What had brought her here? The young mare couldn't exactly say her Father had, because although it was the truth, it was not something she wished to divulge out.

"Ah, curiosity, I suppose," it was not a lie, "That and it was the option presented to me. I suppose I could have refused, and chosen a differing path, but... I am glad I did not. Would you tell me about the other herds?"
OOC| "Late again, Potter?"  I'm sorry! Nocturné

Confidant

Neutral
 Adult, 5 yrs  Mare
 17.1 hh  1800 lbs
38 Posts 350 points
 Kornari Offline
Posted on Nov 24 2017, 9:53 PM.

Nocturné
hic sunt leones
Thorn. A fitting name, the black mistress thought. Like the thorns that lay beneath the beautiful petals of the roses that grew here in the valley, she sensed that the other female hid a complicated personality. When she mentioned that she was a little jealous of Nocturné's carnivorous ways, a musical laugh erupted from her fanged maw. That, at least, was not the reaction she had been expecting. It was not a laugh of ridicule for the girl, who turned her head away in shame at the admission, but more of surprise and mirth. Nocturné was naught if not practical, and the act of sustaining one's body was one of life's most basic necessities. 

"Nothing to be ashamed of, we all must find sustenance in our own way I suppose. I can consume vegetation as well, but I have found that there is something particularly... powerful about flesh and blood. The act of taking a life to sustain one's own. It has become my preference to hunt and kill my food, rather than to forage, though I have lived upon both during my many lifetimes."

And then the next question the dark mistress had uttered was answered, and her ears twitched behind the horns that curled from the peak of her skull as she pondered. The option that had been presented to her... so it seemed this young lady had been recruited in a manner similar to her own. But she had little knowledge, it seemed, of the rest of Elysium. Nocturné found that this lass was interesting her more and more as they continued to converse.

"I do not know much, but I will tell you what I have gathered in my short time here. Knowledge is power, after all."

Another small chuckle, and then she spoke again. Her voice took on a more clinical tone than her usual sarcasm-laced manner.

"There are three other herds, as you may have heard: Lyrus, Carinae, and Crucis. The Lyrus are guided by the firstborn Vega, a warrior goddess, and reside in the desolate Red Waste on the western border of Elysium. They may seem intimidating, and with their current Queen you would be correct, but they are also welcoming of outsiders."

Nocturné paused a moment, then added:

"That is, they are welcoming of outsiders who are not of Heretic. From what I have gathered, there was a rather embarrassing incident involving their Queen and Renegade some time back... She does not hold a warm place in that dragon's heart for our kind, so if you venture in that direction tread carefully."

Another short pause as she gathered her thoughts. 

"Little is known of the current Crucis herd, as their wolf-queen Etain has closed the borders to outsiders. It is said she is half-mad, and is as likely to tear you limb from limb as to offer sanctuary in the Eternal Woods. Though as far as I know they have no quarrel with our herd, I would still remain cautious when traveling near their border."

The lady's black muzzle turned directly west, where the dark forest stretched out just past the valley's border. She had passed near that land a few times now as she explored this new realm she called home... and each time had felt a sense of thrilling darkness and apprehension roll down the length of her spine. Perhaps it was the faint scent of death and smoke upon the wind that drifted through the trees... or how silent the world sounded in that place, when Etain herself was the only resident of the Wood... Whatever it was, Nocturné refused to let her guard.

"As for the Carinae, what I have heard is that they formed from two herds recently - the Corona and the Arae - when the Arae herdlands fell to the toxic fog. To the South lies the Satin Beach, or what is left of it, where the Arae once lived. They moved into the Corona herdlands to our North, the Viridian Fields, but there is much unrest. The two herds did not merge willingly, it seems. It has not helped that first one of their Queens abdicated the throne, and now the other has been unseated by a newcomer who calls himself Khal. While they are generally friendly, there is unrest amongst the herd."

She turned her golden, slitted eyes towards the other female again as she finished her oration. Surely the femme would have questions, so Nocturné waited patiently for the woman to process the information.

OOC | Thorn There you go getting Noc monologuing! XD

Commoner

Aggressor
 Adult, 4 yrs  Mare
 17.3 hh  1400 lbs
8 Posts 150 points
 Moseley Offline
Posted on Dec 17 2017, 6:46 PM.

The laugh escaping the woman's lips was not what she had been expecting either. It snagged the young woman's attention and drew her in closer. Her cheeks flushed with the tiniest hint of pink. She told herself it was from embarrassment but some part of her mind said it was not. She didn't really feel embarrassment. That part of her mind was stabbed with a knife and buried in the back of the closet.

"Many lifetimes?" the words slipped from her mouth before she had time to process them. Thorn, only days into her own existence, but with the body of an adult, could not quite comprehend the meaning of the other woman's words. Her own life had been so short, and she supposed it was shortened too, that it made it difficult to imagine spending any real time in existence.

Before she knew it, Thorn was hooked on Nocturné's words. On her voice. The knowledge she offered to the young woman, more than anyone had ever offered her before, was like a drug she didn't know she needed. Yet now she was becoming quickly addicted to it. The need to know more was almost overpowering.

There were other herds. She hadn't actually known that. And, each had a Firstborn. Whatever they were. Maybe they were the beings, like the tall dark man they had summoned with a sacrifice not so long ago. Heretic, she believed him called. He had a sense of dark power around him that called for both fear and respect. Not that she had feared him much, but it had been overwhelming.

Lyrus, Crucis and Carinae. She silently committed the information to memory, her brow furrowed slightly in concentration as she did so. Lyrus held a grudge against Heretics because of a man named Renegade and Carinae seemed to have a complicated history. In her mind, a merging of two opposing herds would not be a stable one. Then again, a herd being lead beneath the half-mad wolf Queen willing to rip potential members to shreds was not what she would call stable either.

After a moment or two of running the information over in her mind, trying to make sense of it, she spied a little gap in her newfound knowledge that required filling.

"Who are the Firstborns of Crucis and Carinae?"

OOC| @[Nocturné[ Late. Again. I'm sorry!!! >.< I'm terrible.

Confidant

Neutral
 Adult, 5 yrs  Mare
 17.1 hh  1800 lbs
38 Posts 350 points
 Kornari Offline
Posted on Dec 29 2017, 10:27 PM.

Nocturné
hic sunt leones
The dark goddess would not typically have fallen under the category of caretaker or teacher in any sense. She did not normally find herself associating with children... and yet for some reason lately she had found several in her company. Now, though Thorn was a young woman, her child-like curiosity about the herds felt similar. However, there was a small flicker of pride and warmth in her cold heart at the lass' reverent query about her lifetimes. 

"Oh yes, many. I was made by gods, crafted from the light of stars and the darkness that stretches between them. This body you see is merely one of many manifestations I have had in my millennia. When it dies, my soul returns to the cosmos until the gods see fit to unleash me upon the world once more."

The lady's ebony visage turned to the skies... and beyond, the universe itself. Out there, many worlds were being formed and were dying... many worlds, just like this one. It was strange, the lioness thought to herself, to realize that. Just how small each life form was in the grand scheme of things...

After she had said her piece about the other herds, it seemed Thorn did have a question. One that Nocturné was somewhat unsure of how to answer, if she was truly honest with herself.

"I know little of the others... of Acrux, the Crucis Firstborn, I know only his name... of the other, not even that. I only know that she is the fusion of the previous Arae and Corona Firstborns, created when the fog made Arae's Firstborn too weak. "

It was also strange, she thought, that even Gods may fall. For wasn't that essentially what Elysium's Firstborn were? Gods of this realm? Nocturné shook her head a little, almost incredulously at the thought.

OOC | Thorn

Commoner

Aggressor
 Adult, 4 yrs  Mare
 17.3 hh  1400 lbs
8 Posts 150 points
 Moseley Offline
Posted on Jan 01 2018, 5:11 PM.

The blank slate of her white eyes could betray nothing. For that, she was grateful. All of a sudden, Nocturné was far more than the Emperor's aide. She was a Goddess, a deity that was utterly unreachable for mere mortals. She belongs in the sky with the stars that shone overhead during the clear nights - something that, when seen, were the most beautiful things eyes ever laid upon. But even then, it was not enough. Nocturné was far, far more.

She soaked in the words with an awestruck expression on her face. From the first, Nocturné had been an impressive sight. As they conversed, the strange feeling of heat on her cheeks and a slight shortness of breath - an almost undetectable change - was growing ever more apparent to the young woman.

Thorn couldn't help but be jealous. She had not been given a chance of childhood, and coming with that was the shortened expanse of her life, yet Nocturné had all of eternity. The ebony woman could grow old and be reborn over and over again.

White eyes watched as the woman lifted her head to face the skies. Thorn couldn't help but let them linger on the muscular yet delicate shape of the underside of her throat. It amazed her how her body flowed from purely equine at one point to purely feline at the shape of her paws.

"Wow," she said breathlessly, a quiet word but it hung in the air all the same. Her mouth seemed to be dry, making it difficult to form any words with her tongue. But still, one had slipped from her mouth in a rush of what little air she had left.

The answer to her question did not do anything to ease the strange feeling stirring in her gut. Thorn didn't have words to name it. She didn't yet have the words to name many things, but for some reason, this was not something she wanted to ask Nocturné about. Not even when it was clearly the ebony woman that was the cause. Was it some kind of magic the deity had?

"I see," she replied, thankful her voice had regained its usual strength, "Thank you for... answering my questions."

She paused a moment, one more question lingering on the fringes of her mind.

"Do you know why the other herds dislike Heretics so much?"

It was an earnest question. Thorn had known nothing else, of course. So it only made sense that the young woman didn't understand why - even after seeing a stallion so brutally sacrificed before a mass gathering of Heretics - it seemed others hated them.
OOC| Nocturné Well, I didn't see any of that coming. o.o

Confidant

Neutral
 Adult, 5 yrs  Mare
 17.1 hh  1800 lbs
38 Posts 350 points
 Kornari Offline
Posted on Jan 05 2018, 1:16 AM.

Nocturné
hic sunt leones
The lioness could feel the young woman's gaze drifting across her body, and she resisted allowing the flirtatious smirk that so desperately wanted to drape itself across her lips. Though she could not read minds, Nocturné had spent millennia observing. She had spent the last two lifetimes in this equine body, and had become fairly well acquainted with the mannerisms that most equines adopted. It flattered her that Thorn no only appreciated her mind, but her physique as well. 

While she normally would have no problem addressing such admiration, usually with silver-tongued flirtation, the ebony goddess refrained. Thorn's honest curiosity and unbridled wonder, Nocturné must admit, were endearing. So instead, she simply twisted her golden gaze back to meet the glassy white of the younger mare's eyes at Thorn's thanks.

"You are welcome, dear. After all, is it not my job as Confidant and Ambassador to make sure that our people are informed?"

Though the words were matter-of-fact, sounding almost as if she was bored, the gleam that twinkled in her gaze belied her mirth. At the femme's next question, though, Nocturné found her head tossing and a snort of contempt erupting from her nostrils. Black, silken locks fell against her muscular neck and her voice found a sardonic tone.

"They fear us, child. The Heretics are a mighty herd, rivaled in size only perhaps by Lyrus, and we have no qualms about getting our hooves dirty in order to get what we want. Most of the others take issue with the lengths to which we have gone in the past."

The goddess herself had in fact been attracted to that very quality when she had first met the Emperor. In Draco, she had sensed a kindred soul... and had been proven correct. She had promised him the benefit of her cunning, and he had rewarded her with a position in his court. He had even created a rather entertaining challenge to earn her place, and Noc could almost taste the bear's blood between her teeth again at the thought. Her mouth began to water, and she leaned down to take another bite of the corpse that still sprawled at her feet. When her head raised again, tongue snaking out to clean away the blood that ringed her muzzle, she looked once more to her companion.

"I suppose it does not help that our Emperor is the son of a very... unwelcome creature. Though Draco himself has not created much strife as far as I am aware, it seems his father has stolen, whored, and raped his way across the continent and left a trail of bastard children and destruction behind. Not exactly endearing, that one."

She snorted, rolling her eyes. Though she liked Draco, Nocturné could not say the same of his sire. Though they had not formally met, Renegade's reputation left a bad taste in her mouth... Plus, she imagined that tearing out the throat of her King's own father would not be received well.

OOC | Thorn eee I love her little crush <3

Commoner

Aggressor
 Adult, 4 yrs  Mare
 17.3 hh  1400 lbs
8 Posts 150 points
 Moseley Offline
Posted on Jan 13 2018, 4:49 PM. (Edited: Jan 13 2018, 4:50 PM by Thorn.)

"I suppose it is," she replied, her voice coming with a short of self-deprecating laughter. The bored tone of the diety's words had struck her in a way she wasn't anticipating. This really, really needed to stop. Yet, she didn't want it to. Thorn wanted to stay close to Nocturné for as long as possible.

So, she continued to soak in the information offered to her on a silver platter. And it was a fascinating insight that was presented. So, they were hated because they were feared? And, they were feared because they were willing to fight to reach their goals? Surely, that was simply a quality to be respected. One to be idolised and adored. Shouldn't the other herds aspire to be like them instead?

"But then... should we not be respected and idolised?" she voiced her confusion as it creased her brow. Thorn's eyes unconsciously followed the diety's movement down to the carcass, the flexion of muscles in her neck and shoulders, the movement of her jaw as Nocturné bit into the flesh and blood.

Thorn couldn't help the way she watched the diety's tongue lick away the blood on her black muzzle. It made her mouth go dry again, her own tongue heavy and numb. All she could do was swallow and stare.

Then she progressed to discuss the Emporer's family, and for some strange reason, her words snagged onto something in the young woman's mind. Leaving a trail of bastard children behind. Was that... was that what she was? Was Thorn Prince's bastard child? He had not said a word to her, not glanced at her. He hadn't even crossed paths with his daughter since her birth. 

She didn't know why, but the thought struck a chord deep inside of her, her gaze dropping to her hooves. The Emporer has worn rock on his shoulders, correct? Her own Father had limestone running along the lower sections of his wings, right? Was it possible they were... related? Was she the bastard child of a bastard child? She visibly blanched at the thought.

OOC| Nocturné Uhhh Thorn? Where's this going? o.o