04-18-18March OTM Voting is up, go vote!

03-31-18 ★ We've added a OOC Account field in Account Approval area where you must link your OOC Account's URL from now on. This has been confusing some when they join so hopefully this helps!

03-30-18 ★ A wild update has been posted! (Read more)

03-20-18 ★ Prince Hénrie has arrived. Will he make a big impression on the herds, or will they be the ones making the impression on him? (Read More)

Summer, Year 3    Leviticus Era
The Red Wastes now has a sub-forum of its own! All Lyrus members can post there but outsiders beware!
The training battle between Gotham City and Caelian has been decided on a winner!
Join Lord Kyrian in celebrating springfires on the shores of Satin Beach!
Congratulations to Kyrian, new Lord of Arae!
Shakaya is the new Carinae Queen!
The Crucis king, Gotham City, is holding a ball to celebrate his rise to the throne, and invited all herds to participate!

Chatter
Cbox silent? We're in our Discord.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Open  down with the sickness.
Inactive Character

Aggressor
 Adult, 6½ yrs  Stallion
 20.0 hh  2500 lbs
62 Posts 10 points
 boaz Offline
Posted on Nov 05 2017, 10:21 PM.

Thunder continued to roll through the clouds as the previous downpour slowed to a drizzle. Nostrils flared with labored breathing, ears pinned tightly to his skull, anger still shown through his mismatched snake pupils. Wounds from the fight had ceased bleeding but they still throbbed. It hadn't been a bad fight, nor even close to one of his hardest. It had just been tedious. Amapola was such a persistent wench. Her babbling had been such an annoyance. None of that mattered now, however. It was over. Valor had whooped her ass and tossed her out like a Raggedy Ann doll.

A strike of lightning hit the ground in the background of the mountains and fields. Thunder rolled shortly after. That was when Valor knew it was time.

Doing just as he had done upon calling for the battle, however this was far different. He was calling the remaining members that followed Amapola. It was time for them to make a decision; to join his Khalasar or get out. If they were to stay and join, they would be required to swear their lives to him. Once that was done, you had Valor on your side for life. It was a very beautiful tradition and so sacred; it was the ways of so many before him in his bloodline. This place was no longer for the Hippies, no longer for the weak.

"Come forth, your Khal demands it!" He shouted, hearing it echo throughout the mountain sides. Valor's mind went back to Arête; his angered immediately stifled itself and he ached for her. He wanted to share this with her - she was his Khaleesi.

The dragon beast closed his eyes, his mind only thinking of her. Letting out a softer, yet loud bellow; he called upon her, wherever she may be. "Moon of my life, come to me." He whispered into the breeze as his eyes shot open once more.

The new ruler of Viridian Fields awaited everyone's response.

OOC | Arête, Asclepius, Beaufort, Bella, Illyria, Keres, Moonfire, Quetzalli, Viktor, Zacharius | haha, I HOPE that's everyone. also open for any potential new members... if you dare. 

Knight

Aggressor
 Immortal  Mare
 20.0 hh  2000 lbs
431 Posts 250 points
 Moonie Offline
Posted on Nov 05 2017, 11:09 PM. (Edited: Nov 05 2017, 11:10 PM by Moonfire.)

Thunder rolled across the open plains.  

A storm was hitting Viridian Fields full force, though it was just starting to die down.  Storms were a regular occurrence in the Fields at this time of year, though Moonfire knew that this storm signaled something more than just the changing of seasons.  In the past days, Amapola had been nowhere to be found, and the black mare knew that could not mean anything good.  

When she heard the call, Moonfire had been flying low over the border, patrolling as she always did.  A Khal? Who the hell did this horse think he was?  He clearly must have been a coward if he had not shown his face sooner to his new subjects. Plus, what had happened to Amapola?  Moonfire’s growing anger was picked up on easily by her companions, Skye and Tempest.  ‘Why don't we go, see who this horse is?’  Skye said gently, trying to keep the General calm. ‘Perhaps he isn't all that bad.’  Tempest quickly added, though they all knew that one who called himself Khal was likely not a lover of democracy, Carinae’s true form of government.  Moonfire swooped a little higher into the air, angling towards the direction of the call.

Lightning and thunder crashed around her as she flew furiously to the source of the call.  Skye and Tempest flew beside her, exchanging worried glances with each other. Moon had been stressed and upset lately, they hoped her anger would not compromise her chances of staying in the herd.

Moonfire saw a draconic figure standing in a clearing, covered in injuries yet looking smug (or at least, that's what Moonfire thought).  The great General couldn't stand to see him there any longer.  She swooped from the sky, lightning crashing dramatically behind her as she did so. Skye let out a shriek and landed beside her, huge talons landing perfectly on the ground.  A roar erupted from Tempest, as well as a stream of blue flames.  There was fury in her eyes. ‘That foolish stallion dares to imitate the majesty of the dragons.’ She said to Moon and Skye, voice filled with cold fury.  

The immortal wasted no time after she landed, striding forward towards the new ruler, not wasting time on formalities. She would see if this stallion deserved her respect or not. “Khal?” She scoffed.  “Who the hell are you, anyway?  Glowing blue eyes were set even more aglow with passion and anger.  The huge mare looked down at the stallion, who was much smaller than her in height.  Moon did not know anything about this horse, but she had a bad feeling about him being the ruler of Carinae.

Valor prepare to feel the wrath of Moonfire :O (I tried to restrain her as much as I could, but she’s been through a lot lately and this is kinda the last straw xD)

"Come fly with me, into a fantasy..."

[Image: 156uvkl.jpg]
Pixel by MollyDoll!

Inactive Character

Neutral
 Adult, 7 yrs  Stallion
 16.2 hh  2400 lbs
278 Posts 52 points
 Zetro Offline
Posted on Nov 05 2017, 11:25 PM.

He had returned to the Fields for one reason only, and even that reason became shaky and frail at the sound of a demanding stallion's roar. Beaufort had joined the Arae, after all, and he had only joined the Arae because of a beautiful woman... and now the woman was gone. The Beach was gone. Even his daughter now was gone. The anchor had been hauled back and tied fast - the ship was ready to sail. His wanderlust swelled in his chest.

It was by his own back that Amapola had left the Fields, and was not enslaved or elsewise by the stallion who had so thoroughly trounced her. Beaufort had pounded in when she collapsed, overcome by the agony of her wounds, having far overstretched herself in foalish attempts at battle. He had carried her elsewhere, and now returned. He had not been away long... not long at all.

"Khal". A strange word, in a far different class from Queen. Not to mention "demands it", which was not the way the Arae royals had ever conceived of doing things... Amapola came close, but she had never been so frank about it. Though, it was debatable whether intent outweighed wording... nevertheless. That was past them now.

So Beaufort came, pacing in his leisurely way with Luludja racing along the grass beside him. He filled his head with analyses. He saw Moonfire, arrived before him, obviously very pissed off.

The right side of his black face swelled in a dim bruise, while a crimson split decorated his lip. He would not say where that red line came from. He was unwashed, except by the rains which had faded from their thunderous downpour, and it showed in blood that was not his own smeared along his fur.

He stopped some distance away, silent. Watching. Retaining all and offering none, for the moment. He gathered information and constructed his own outcome... that was all he could do.

_________
Valor Moonfire  Beaufort is just here to watch, m'lads. xD

Rogue

Neutral
 Adult, 6 yrs  Mare
 17.2 hh  1100 lbs
51 Posts 250 points
 Randalin Offline
Posted on Nov 05 2017, 11:47 PM.

Arête

She never strayed too far from him, keeping an ear to the wind for the call of her name to fall from his fanged mouth. Their tenuous relationship begs her to remain close should he have need of her; their declarations of loyalty binding them together more completely than any other words they could have chosen in that moment in time. Arête moves quietly through the herd land, the flowers and fields beautiful in their own way but not her ideal environment. She hails from a land of fire and stone; she craves the sulfuric scent of Valor that reminds her of her homeland and follows it here. Pale eyes flare to cerulean at the bloody spots on the wet ground as she strides past. His scent is heavy here and she lowers her head to a pool of fiery blood to sample it. 

What have you done? She recognizes the taste of his blood instantly and features transform into a scowl. There is much blood on the ground but after a second sample from a different patch she is content in the knowledge the majority of it does not belong to him. His words arrive then, carried by the wind and she smiles. Eyes scan the area and see a rain-washed trail leading away from the land, likely to be from the defeated, and one leading further in the land. Her conqueror. Eagerly she knows him to have won and moves into a faster gait. A few minutes later she arrives to see his reddened form and the shapes of two other equines as well as some companions. 

She watches as the mare approaches Valor, eyes narrowed as a leonine tail twitches in agitation. Muscles unlock after seeing no attack is made and she slides forward to stand before him as well. Her voice is soft in its husky nature, ”Valor, I see you have been busy.” She smiles to him, not caring about the strangers in their midst, but the smile falls as she sees his wounds. She will tend to him later, her newfound magic running strong through her veins. Raising a brow, she lowers her muzzle to right shoulder exposing her neck in submission and continues. ”I submit my life to yours, my Khal.” Cerulean eyes return to their natural white, pupil-less, state and she finally casts a disparaging glance to the pair who arrived first. ”Hello.” Her tone lacks the warmth shown to Valor but remains pleasant. ”I am Arête.” 

"Speech." | Thoughts.

Do not hesitate to power play within reason! 

If you are unsure, PM me before you post and I will let you know.

Rogue

Aggressor
 Adult, 6 yrs  Mare
 14.3 hh  1400 lbs
140 Posts 0 points
 CasDean Offline
Posted on Nov 06 2017, 12:47 AM. (Edited: Nov 06 2017, 12:49 AM by Keres.)

Keres

I imagine death so much it feels more like a memory

A challenger. Just one among many who had come with all the pride of godlings, only to leave with fresh scars and burning shame. They came and went, throughout the lifetimes of countless rulers. But this one.... He stayed. He had won. Keres did not know what sort of reign this dragon king would usher in, but the atmosphere of his proclamation had shifted to something brooding. The thunder crackled like the duels of Aries, lighting forking out like javelin, striking whatever it could smite.

She had not watched the fight. She knew he would win- though Amapola was eager and guarded her throne with all the jealous petulance of a child with its favorite toy, she was no battlemonger. But this stallion, Valor, was quite the opposite. And Amapola had been defeated. Though, admittedly, the woman had apparently put up a close fight. But in the end, the result was as expected. No, Keres had not watched; but now, she listened. She always had been a good listener. She heard his thunderous command like that of a general to his troops, beckoning the Once peaceful Corona and Arae to his side. It seemed a change had come.

It seemed that change had become a rough stitch in the flesh of the two herds. The time before the fog had been filled with relative ease- the reign of Malphas had brought justice, calm, and joy to the emerald kingdom. Then, he had stepped down. Keres herself had taken up his heavy mantle, and buckled under its weight. She had pulled the herd together as best she could, but the fog was a force none had expected. She had managed to save all her people, but in the process, she had lost her crown. But that did not bother her. She was not meant to wear it. The ghoul had done her part, supported the good king as his second, raised her son on her own, survived the loss of a husband a kingdom, and her own life. She had come out of the fog as a beaten commoner, but she was no delicate flower. She pressed on despite the struggle, and she remained. She endured. The question was, what must she endure now?

Gently, the skeletal woman raised herself from the wisps of grass on thin legs, lifting her horrifying skull up with a resolve and pride that had not been seen in her for a very long time. She was still the kind mare she had been... But these years in Elysium had poured steel in her spine. Her ears were perked, her snakelike eyes flashing with determination, her skin-and-bones form tense with wary patience. It was time to meet the new king. But still, despite the strength she had gained from hard experience, her gaze still swept the sea of green, searching for the beloved and familiar form of her son. The one living thing she had left in this world. A tiny, hopeful smile seemed to linger at the edges of her toothy maw as a pleasantly throaty voice rose to the static wind.
"Asclepius? Where are you, my boy? We are being called to gather."
Somehow, things always brightened when he was near.

Hoping to spot him at the meeting, she moved towards the small crowd of equines with the steady pace of one who was not concerned with time. She was wise beyond her years, and had rushed enough in her life that she knew it made little difference. When she at last stood before Valor and his apparent woman, her face was calm, untroubled, peaceful.
"Congratulations, your majesty." her tone was even, ever the diplomat. "It would seem you have earned Your place as Khal."
She bent a foreleg in a relaxed bow, some sort of quiet amusement in the depths of her serpentine eyes. Her imposing teeth clicked as she spoke, which used to annoy her after her rebirth, but now she realized it echoed her rasping voice nearly perfectly. Quite effective. She was still and cordial enough to draw gazes even without her hideous appearance.

She examined the two new leaders with a polite, but assessing stare. Her ears twitched in some semblance of hidden mirth, and she nodded to herself and cocked her head.
"Amapola may have been greener than the grass we stand on, but she kept us together. It is my belief you shall do that and more, Khal Valor. And you, lady Arête. I shall follow you happily. Until such a day I am given cause not to. But I hope That day will never come."
That trace of a smile hit her bony face again, and she regally ducked her head to each leader, and turned to take her place amongst the rest. She watched eagerfully for her child, eyes darting to and fro. She flicked her tail, pleased with her words. If she could have raised a brow at the impassioned general, Moonfire, she would have. These Arae... She liked them well enough, but they all seemed so... Cynical.

OOC |Valor Arête Asclepius
I'm just a raindrop; I cry and I fall down
Trying to breathe, because I'm unable to drown

Rogue

Aggressor
 Adult, 10½ yrs  Stallion
 15.2 hh  1100 lbs
31 Posts 0 points
 Moseley Offline
Posted on Nov 09 2017, 5:38 PM.

we go way back, my mask and i
He sighed. It was a heavy breath, a heavy feeling that had built itself up inside of his lungs for quite some time. The atmosphere seemed to cling to him - hah, look at that - heavily. Everything's so damned heavy and we're only four sentences into this post!

Viktor shuddered. He hated it. When he first thought of finding himself a home and a herd, this was not what he had expected. If he had hands, he would have buried his face into them and screamed to the high heavens until his throat was raw and bloody. But he's a horse and he doesn't have hands, so he settled for compressing those frustrated feelings deep inside like everything else that went wrong.

He just wasn't feeling it. It was all far, far too dramatic. All to action-packed, all too much like what he'd left behind. The overo man just couldn't find it within himself to care anymore. He wanted his simplistic life back - the one he'd had ripped away from him before he reached the end of his first year on this god-forsaken planet.

Ah, but that was not up to him to decide. Or was it? The man settled on a conclusion. He would be patient and open-minded. He would hold his tongue, plaster a big, shit-eating grin on his face and swallow down the words of the blood-covered Khal that stood in the centre of the fields, demanding his audience, and then he would decide.

Decide what exactly? Well, decide if he wanted to stick around. There were still corners of Elysium he wanted to explore, so he would not be moving away entirely, but this place just didn't feel like a home. But, what did a home feel like anyway?

Wait, wait. Viktor, that's too dark. Remember that grima - I mean, that grin! Don't forget to smile as you get closer! That's it, tilt your head a little, smile nice and big and bright and - 

One word, that was all it took. So soft, so gentle, so uncertain. It shattered him into thousands of tiny glass shards.

"Senpai?"
OOC| @[EVERYONE]

waiting is wasting for people like me

Citizen

Aggressor
 Adult, 5½ yrs  Stallion
 20.0 hh  2000 lbs
54 Posts 0 points
 Moseley Offline
Posted on Nov 09 2017, 5:42 PM.

Things were uncomfortable, to say the least. The lizard man had made no attempt to clear his name since the last meeting, instead resigning himself to his inevitable fate.

He'd fucked up, and that was also an understatement. He could feel the eyes - even when they weren't - watching him with disdain, hate, fear. But nothing had happened yet. No one had stood before him, sentenced him to death or whatever was going to be his punishment.

Then, the Khal's voice, a new voice, called out to the herd behind a stunning crash of lightning. His small ears had perked together, his head rose to seek out the sound. A single man stood, proud and bloodied like a true warrior, in the fields as the herd gathered. Just a hint of excitement trailed down his spine as he watched before moving closer.

His green eyes flickered towards an overo body as they reached the outer rings of the gathering. The word tumbled from his lips before he could stop it, body stilling from the realisation he stumbled to.

"Senpai?"

The chestnut man before his shuddered to a halt, sea-green eyes blown wide as they fell upon the lizard man. Zacharius' elongated lips pulled into a smile, green slime oozing from them ceaselessly.

"Z-z-z-zac?" the older man choked out, causing the smile to slip in an instant. Fear, that was all he could sense from the smaller man. His body practically trembled from it, lean muscles taut and ready to flee.

Zacharius took a step closer to the man he respected, only to have the overo man step back and away from him swiftly.

"Senpai? What's-"

"No, later," Viktor replied, cutting off his kohai mid-sentence with a sternness he didn't feel. The chestnut overo spun on his heels before slipping into the space between two equines, away from Zacharius' reach, but not his confused gaze.

As he surveyed the rest of those gathered, that feeling of uncomfortableness returned. Faces he recognised from the last catastrophe of a meeting were here. Of course they were, but still. Moonfire, Beaufort, Keres. He suppressed a shudder of his own and stoop to the side, far enough away from them that they could not confront him easily. But in perfect position to watch his senpai's every move.

THEY'VE MET! That's it for now, but if someone wants to join us, I'd like to have more interaction between Viktor and Zac later on >.>

Inactive Character

Neutral
 Adult, 4½ yrs  Stallion
 19.2 hh  2000 lbs
25 Posts 0 points
 boaz Offline
Posted on Nov 11 2017, 4:19 PM.

The word had traveled far and fast; Valor had taken over the Viridian Fields.

Björn knew of that place, for he had originally sought sanctuary among the lands with Queen Amapola. She had offered him a home in exchange for protection if ever needed. However he had found himself spending far more time in Lunar Mountains than the Fields. A ping of guilt caused his chest to ache briefly with the news of her defeat. However, he wouldn't of fought against his brother regardless if he had been there to protect her or not. It was the way of their tradition, not to even mention he wouldn't of put all that Valor had actually done for him on the line. Not that Björn liked to admit it, if it wasn't for his older brother, he definitely wouldn't be alive that very day.

So upon hearing the news, the overo brute began making his way to the Fields. He took his journey among the skies, large onyx wings spread at full wingspan as he soared through the air, over-taking many miles of land beneath him. It hadn't been to far of distance from the mountains to the fields.

With the vast grasslands in his sights, the brute began to descend to the ground, gracefully feeling the dirt meet the bottom of his hooves; he had landed. Wings gave one more flap before he folded them tight against his hide. Nostrils flared as he took in the scents. Oh yeah, my brother is here. He thought, the smell of sulfur and ash filled his naval cavity. Somber eyes took in the scene before him, a storm still lingered in the area with the occasional rumble of thunder in the clouds. Even within the short period of time since he had been here last til now, the differences were obvious. This place would never be the same, Björn knew that for a fact.

Hooves stepped into the territory of the Viridian Fields, it was almost like stepping through a portal. His entire body felt different; he felt far more relaxed and at peace than he had in weeks. He could definitely feel the works of his ancestors in the area. He could feel their presence. The Fields now had the all too familiar feel of home for him. He continued to walk until he made his way to a clearing, his eyes immediately found his brother, Valor. A very powerful, large beast standing upon a small hill. It had been years since Björn had actually seen him. He looked the same, if not more lean and scarred. He also took in the mesmerizing female that stood next to him. That part confused him, as he knew his brother would never be the type to take interest in one particular female and settle down. He would have to investigate that later.

He brought his attention to the others in the clearing, which he had guessed to be members of the Fields prior to his brother taking over. He looked to  rather large, onyx colored female who had demanded to know of Valor's business. Woman, you are barking up the very wrong tree. The thought echoed throughout his mind as he shook his head in dismay. As the overo brute brought himself closer, he made the point to observe each and every other he passed. It was his job to memorize everyone. Björn had found himself coming up to the massive female who had spoke to Valor with such anger, he eyed her two companions. Giving a loud snort to announce the close proximity he was to her, ears pinned he gave her a warning nip to her shoulder.

Although it had been years since he had last seen Valor, Björn knew his place. It had been that way before his brother had left home a little over a year ago. "I'd watch your tongue, Miss." His warning was quiet, yet firm. Yes she was taller, but not by too much. Swishing his tail to show his annoyance, he strode past her. As he reached the base of the small hill that Valor and the female standing next to him were on, Björn turned to face the others. He was still beneath Valor, but near him.

A smirk danced upon his lips as he stole a sideways glance at his brother. "Hello brother, fancy meeting you here." He cooed in a playful matter. Yes, Björn had a burning hatred for his brother, but that was well set aside. Blood of my blood, the saying of their tradition went. Valor was his blood. That's all that mattered.

OOC | @[EVERYONE]  |  

Rogue

Pacifist
 Yearling, 1½-2 yrs  Stallion
 13.3 hh  950 lbs
62 Posts 30 points
 Zetro Offline
Posted on Nov 11 2017, 9:14 PM.

Asclepius was nervous.

Malphas had reigned when Asclepius was born, and through the dutiful attendance of a goddess Mamma had gently risen to take the throne in his stead when he had vanished. And, when Mamma had got hurt in the awful black Fog, Amapola and Ezera had risen not with blows but with words. This was different. This was strange, and loud, and he did not like it. It was perfectly predictable - the skinny yearling had always been wary at best of fighting. The thunder and the shouting had been awful to hear, and he had hidden. It was certainly a takeover, and certainly more hostile than anything Asclepius had ever known.

Now the noise faded, and across the grass Asclepius heard Mamma calling. There was nothing in the world more safe than mother - despite the shaking that shivered up and down his legs, he ran to her, answering not with words but with a rapid gangly lope and the glints of floating candles. It didn't take him long to reach her side.

The appearance of the Khal did not frighten him - appearances rarely did, when mother was able to scare all monsters away - but the memory of the noise remained. He dragged behind, so that he clung to his mother's haunch rather than her shoulder. His ears twitched as she moved her foreleg and paid her respects - was he supposed to do that? Say something? He hadn't done so before... he wasn't sure what to do anyways. He stayed quiet, and rested his nose on his mother's left hip. Even small and skinny as he was, his build tried to convince the eye of his age, but his shy demeanor would never have let it slip.

His nerves showed in the rapid flicking of his eyes, the twitchy flutters of his tiny ankle-wings. But for those things, he remained perfectly still, right at Mamma's side.

Rogue

Neutral
 Adult, 4 yrs  Mare
 15.0 hh  850 lbs
44 Posts 225 points
 Kamikaze Offline
Posted on Nov 11 2017, 9:46 PM.

I'LL STOP THE WHOLE WORLD FROM TURNING INTO A MONSTER
now that you're gone, the world is ours

The Fields do not look like themselves. The sky is a sickly bruised color, the color of storms, and the air smells of ozone and charred wood. The crackle of electricity in the air sends shivers of unease along my rain-darkened body, and Loki presses close, curling her tail around my hocks.

A great red beast descends from the sky, dragon or demon – I can’t tell. And he calls to us as if he’s a right to. Loki growls, a soft and seismic sound barely discernable against the roll of distant thunder, but I can hear it, because I can feel it vibrate across our mind-link. I can feel the tension in her lips as they curve slightly over fangs.

I’d been  apprehensive when Amapola took the crown. I sensed inexperience and arrogance in her, but ultimately, she’d chosen diplomacy over totalitarianism, even going so far as to allow me a place in the herd and treat me civilly despite the fact that I’d challenged her for the throne. She listened to her people. She placed herself above them (such was her nature), but not…not like this. The size, the fury, the brazen entitlement of this man ignites old terrors inside me. Terrors of men when they become beasts, of nightmares and Wolves lurking behind castle walls. I want to walk with the self-assurance of one who can defend her home, who has come far from the terrified and traumatized thing I was when I got here. Even if I could access the grim rage that smolders in my gut, it would be better –

But I’m afraid. And then comes Moonfire.

She descends like a great dark lightning strike herself, and when I see the way the General dwarfs this khal, in all his audacity, I lift my head, a corner of my mouth pulling up in a smile.

The way his mate (or whatever) talks to him – submitting her life to him – infuriates and terrifies me by turns. Is that what he demands? Is this the kind of society we are expected to regress to? And her air of self-satisfaction – the look of disdain she levels upon Moonfire and Beaufort – turns my stomach, and then I think of Moonfire and Beaufort themselves, as well as so many others. They’ve lost so much already.

I stand a few paces behind Moonfire, Loki as my shadow. With my presence, I support her. I already know that whatever decision she makes regarding this “Khal” will be the one that I follow.

OOC: Valor Moonfire @[Beauford]

THIS TIME THERE’S NO SOUND TO HIDE BEHIND

Second-in-Command

Aggressor
 Adult, 5 yrs  Stallion
 18.0 hh  2000 lbs
9 Posts 240 points
 Randalin Offline
Posted on Nov 12 2017, 8:32 PM.

Ozereus

A noise nearby draws his attention; a great echoing shout meant to capture the focus of everyone in the vicinity. He scoffs in the dark patch of shadow he created, he finds the owner of that shout unworthy of his time. Yes, he is aware he is presently trespassing on a herd land but the rules have never mattered to him before…why start caring now? More effort than it is worth. Pitch eyes look away from the direction of the noise only to catch on a figure hurtling from the sky surrounding by lightning. Now that captures his fancy and immediately he clears the trees to spread his great wings. 

He launches into an instant sprint for several strides before thrusting oversized wings downward. Leaping into the air he flares his feathered appendages to their full width and glides up into the thundering heavens. He breathes in the ozone laden air, happy the gift of flight was not stripped from him like many of his other gifts. He has seen others like himself, the Fallen, who bare only twin scars where wings belong. A shudder runs the length of him and almost misses the gathering below. Abruptly he drops from the sky to land lightly behind the group. This must be the herd. Silver galaxies spin in his eyes as he observes them each in turn, entirely unimpressed, until they land on the source of the bellowing and the unicorn standing next to him. Never forgetting a face, he recognizes the draconic brute as the one he encountered with the gypsy. The mare is an unknown but appears close to the dragon; he stores that information away should he need leverage at a later date. 

The others give their little speeches and he snorts softly. Tensions run high among some of the members at the announcement of new leadership and he cannot stop the amused chuckle their words force from him. It is always this way, the resistant, the apathetic, and the willing. After a moment he decides to make himself known to any who had not already noticed his presence. Whether or not any catch his words, he does not care, and he speaks in a tone laced with amusement. ”It appears you have caused a stir.”

"Speech." | Thoughts.

OOC |  

Inactive Character

Aggressor
 Adult, 6½ yrs  Stallion
 20.0 hh  2500 lbs
62 Posts 10 points
 boaz Offline
Posted on Nov 12 2017, 8:47 PM. (Edited: Nov 12 2017, 8:56 PM by Valor.)

A massive dark figure swooped from the sky and landed before him. Ears perked forward and nostrils flared as she strode quickly forward, he remained emotionless as she closed the gap between the two. The entire attitude of her wasn't particularly swell. He observed that she had been a bit taller than himself, the way she glared down at him didn't set very well with him. Especially adding her tone of voice, but Valor conserved himself. Snake eyes glanced briefly over to the broad female's companions, then back to her. The dragon beast waited until she was finished with her angered questions, however before he could speak his ears picked up on someone coming up from behind him. The soft footsteps assured him that it was her, the one he had called upon. Arête.

Before she had taken her place next to him, he had noticed another dark hued male had stepped forward, yet took station at a distance. Valor noticed everything. Keeping him at the back of his mind, he looked back toward the female who had approached him first. He supposed he should answer her. Once again before he had the chance to answer her agitated questions, he had first caught scent of him. His brother. The familiar sulfuric scent blasted through his nose; his brother had shared the same scent. The scent of their home. Eyes watched as Björn came into sight, his stomach lurched and his heart ached. It had been years since he had seen him last.

A small, hidden smirk played its way onto his lips as his younger brother nipped at the dark female's shoulder in warning. His ears laid against his ram horns as he snorted in response, "Vos, gaezo." He warned Björn in their native tongue, gaze turning at the female, his stare itself dared her to gesture toward his brother. Valor wasn't stupid. He knew he could have much use for her, for he saw her strength. Her passion. Her hatred. She was well built. However a move against his brother or his beloved, would not be tolerated.

"Amapola has been defeated," He spoke loudly, making sure his words were clear. His gaze went to each and every one who had approached. He didn't wish to repeat himself, so in answering her questions, he would answer everyone's. "I will be addressed as Khal Valor, and she -" He made a gesture with a toss of his muzzle toward Arête. "as your Khaleesi. You may all stay; yet you must all swear your lives to me. " The dragon took a moment to let that sit in for everyone. With his next sentence, he knew the many Khal's before him would strike him down with the anger of their God, however that didn't matter to Valor. As tradition called for those who wished not to join, a swift death was due for them. That wasn't how he wanted to do things, not just yet.

"For those who refuse, I will give you one chance to leave now." His deep, raspy voice echoed throughout the fields, a rumble of thunder after his announcement gave it a theatrical feel. Gaze focused on a smoky gray female that approached him, her skin was like it stretched over her thin body. Faint blue swirls among her skull and frame, it called his heart home. Blue war paint was a staple in his past. The young boy in him craved to show respect to her, but Valor ignored it. Ears held forward, listening to her betrothal. "Your name, Miss? The Fields will remain your home, provided you swear your life to me." Eyes moved to the young colt that hid behind her limbs. A irritated snort sounded at the sight, "Your son may also stay until he is of age, unless he also swears his life. Otherwise he must leave." He dipped his head toward the mare with blue war paint and head of a skull. "Also, he must begin strength training immediately. Weaklings are not welcome here."

His father before him would of just stowed all the talk and killed the colt, but again, Valor was trying to be better than him. Even though deep down, Valor was aching to taste the blood of the young male. To feel him thrash and cry out under him. Looking back toward the others, he put the two males into his mind. One looked to be a simple overo Chestnut male, next to a rather interesting individual. A scaly male with no mane, short tail, large mouth that a green liquid seemed to drip from.

Valor brought his gaze from him toward the last equine to approach. He noted the tiger she had beside her. He gave her a slight nod, acknowledging her presence. His goal wasn't for these people to despise him, however if that was how they wanted to view him then so be it. Valor was not going to waste his time nor energy to prove them otherwise. He was not there for their pleasure, they were there for his. Normally his ancestors would thrive for the biggest Khalasar they could put together. Not him. He far preferred quality of quantity. He wanted warriors.

The next to approach was a rather surprise. Valor laid eyes on the deep onyx hued brute as he stepped closer, a faint smile worked its way to his muzzle. The deep voice met his ears. A chuckle found its way out. "Suppose I have, Ozereus. Glad to see you here." The beast spoke with a warmth, like greeting an old friend.

OOC | Arête, Asclepius, Beaufort, Bella, Illyria, Keres, Moonfire, Quetzalli, Viktor, Zacharius, Ozereus |

"Vos, gaezo." - No, brother.

Knight

Aggressor
 Immortal  Mare
 20.0 hh  2000 lbs
431 Posts 250 points
 Moonie Offline
Posted on Nov 12 2017, 10:18 PM.

It was not long before other horses began to approach.  The stallion been silent so far, once again showing his cowardice.  “Coward.”  She growled to him.  A mare appeared next to him, dramatically submitting her life to him in a way that made Moonfire want to vomit.  Her life? How brainless was she?  When she turned to Moon, Moon met her gaze with a cold hatred, realizing that this was the Khal’s Queen.  “I don't care who you are, woman.”  She snarled.  

Everything was happening so fast.  Right after the “queen” had been spoken to, Moon heard Tempest growl, and felt a burst of anger flood through her via her connection with the dragon.  Someone was approaching her, this was the reason for Tempest’s uneasiness.  Right as the stallion who had approached attempted to nip her, Moonfire jumped to the side, retaliating with a harder nip of her own, a “don't challenge me or I’ll tear you apart” kind of nip.  

The (ex?) General was close to being out of control when Illyria arrived.  She came and silently stood behind Moonfire, showing her support.  Moon looked deep into Valor’s stare, daring him to challenge her or the mare who stood behind her.  She knew that she had likely angered him by lashing out at the stallion, so she stood lightfooted, ready to fight at a moment’s notice.  Using the magic she had discovered ages ago, Armor, silver and encrusted with sapphires, suddenly covered her entire body.  Blue eyes still stared into Valor’s as he spoke.  Finally, the coward was finished.

“I care not who you are, nor what you wish to be called.”  She spoke with authority, with an aura of dangerous calm around her.  It was the calm before the storm.  “I am Moonfire, Protector of Arae, Immortal of Aranea.  I swear my life to no one, fool.”  She looked around.  “Is this what Carinae stands for? A dictator who is so cowardly that the only ones allowed to live in his ‘herd’ are the ones who won't challenge him on anything?  How did we come to this?”  The huge mare turned back to Valor and Arete.  

“Count me out of your precious herd, Valor, Arete.”  Moonfire stated, refusing to use the formalities demanded of her.  “I care not who follows me and who doesn't, but know that I shall spend my time trying to heal Satin Beach, my true home.”  She turned once more to the crowd.  “When all of you are bedding down for the night, remember who watched over the Fields while you slept.  When the Heretics come to burn the Fields and to slaughter and enslave, remember who would have defended you to her very last breath.”  She glanced back at Valor.

“I will be watching you, Valor.  You have ruined my second home as the Fog did to the Beach.  For that, you will be my enemy.”  She then turned to Illyria, and spoke quietly so that only she could hear. “If you wish to find me, I will be in the Immortal Gardens.”

Great black wings covered with stars extended outwards, and without looking back at those she left behind, The great once-General leapt into the sky with a single beat of her mighty wings.  Tempest let out a furious, bone chilling roar, and Skye followed silently, until the three were lost in the dark clouds up above.  With that, Moonfire left her past behind.  There was no going back, there was only the future.

~exit~

Valor Illyria Arête 

I teared up a bit as I wrote this… Moonfire is leaving Carinae, there was no way she was going to swear her life to anyone.  She’s gonna dedicate her time to healing the Beach (idk how, but that's what she wants to do xD).

"Come fly with me, into a fantasy..."

[Image: 156uvkl.jpg]
Pixel by MollyDoll!

Inactive Character

Neutral
 Adult, 7 yrs  Stallion
 16.2 hh  2400 lbs
278 Posts 52 points
 Zetro Offline
Posted on Nov 17 2017, 5:29 PM.

Moonfire's departure was not surprising to Beaufort, given the drastic change they now were forced to confront. Carinae had been very different than Arae, but still founded on the tolerance of both herds. Valor had no idea of their history and heritage, and clearly had no concern for it either. This new regime apparently served the old members of Corona well, but those of Arae... this was not their way. With the arrival of this militaristic, vengeful 'Khar', all traces of the Arae seemed utterly obliterated. Beaufort would have been quite shocked if Moonfire had stayed.

He gave no attention to Arête, save a lingering glance over her face. He did not miss the cooling of her tone, compared to the adoration she paid to Valor. He watched as the mare who had stayed on from Corona spoke her piece, accepting all that the Khal said, despite the shaking yearling glued to her rear. The act of Bjorn was one Beaufort watched with a flick of the ears, but did not act upon. Moonfire could well handle herself.

Then the Khal finally spoke, tearing down all that Carinae had previously been built upon and leaving no doubt at all that his new regime was far more akin to that of the militaristic Lyrus than the peaceful Arae, or even the diplomatic Corona... but there was nothing Beaufort saw to be done. The herd that he had joined, the herd that Talla had grown to love so much... his heart twisted oddly in his chest, but Beaufort said nothing. It was useless to condemn this stallion, but neither would Beaufort pledge his life to a stallion who had proven nothing but his thirst for power. That was never a good thing to pledge to.

But unlike Moonfire, Beaufort did yet remain in his place on the grass. He was curious to see how it would all unfold. He would give no argument; he would leave, and cause no stir. But first, he wished to watch. Such seemed harmless enough, to the observant black stallion, as the little split on his lip dulled as it scabbed over.

Valor @[all] | nothing survives the eye of the storm so i'll stay on the water-kissed beaches and wait

Rogue

Neutral
 Adult, 6 yrs  Mare
 17.2 hh  1100 lbs
51 Posts 250 points
 Randalin Offline
Posted on Nov 17 2017, 7:49 PM.

Arête

The surprise should have registered across blackened features was quickly suppressed; she had not expected him to name her Khaleesi. She was a queen not too long ago in a land vastly different than Elysium and truthfully had not missed the weight of a crown once raiders had burned the capital to the ground. No, she only missed the people, she ached to walk through the villages once more to aid those in need in whatever way she could.Sometimes it’s easiest to assist from a position of power. Inwardly, she sighed deeply, anxiety over the possibility of a repeat (she cannot bear to lose another mate) at war with a desire to help. 

She left a mask pasted onto to her face to give the unbreakable illusion of paying attention to words spoken when in fact she studies every face gathered to commit them to memory. I will not be betrayed a second time. She is a lion disguised as a lamb and she will do whatever it takes to ensure her family’s survival; including those now forced to be under her rule.

The one named Moonfire was speaking now and immediately she focuses on her; anger extremely evident still in her tone and posture. Inclined to empathy, Arête feels for her; she understands the plight the ‘Protector of Arae’ is now embroiled in. The dismissal by the mare is of no consequence, titles meaning little to her, but even should Moonfire wish to stay; Arête would not permit it. She holds a traitorous heart at war with loyalty. Silent judgments based on smoky memories from a dark past. She remains silent…this is not her fight and she does not chain anyone unwilling. Again, she knows what it is to be a prisoner; her own uncle kept her locked away and brutally trained her to be the best candidate for the king’s harem. There is nothing in the realm of possibility that will change the mare’s mind and she respects her for it. 

The crowd falls silent after the mare departs and she sweeps her gaze across it once more; years of conditioning keeping her poised and silent for a moment or two longer. White gaze flares to cerulean, a promise forms. Dark lips part to quietly break the heavy atmosphere, “Any who wish to remain in the herd, know this: you will be protected, I swear on my own life.” Though they are all strangers, the words are heartfelt and sincere. Arête does not ask for blind acceptance nor does her protection come with strings but her loyalty is absolute. The warrior queen inside her still lives despite all she has lost and she will continue to fight for those unable to fight for themselves. It is all she can offer and should they not accept her words; she has endured far worse than any damage this new family can bring. 

"Speech." | Thoughts.

OOC | Valor @everyone 

Do not hesitate to power play within reason! 

If you are unsure, PM me before you post and I will let you know.

Rogue

Aggressor
 Adult, 6 yrs  Mare
 14.3 hh  1400 lbs
140 Posts 0 points
 CasDean Offline
Posted on Nov 17 2017, 9:04 PM. (Edited: Nov 18 2017, 3:37 AM by Keres.)

Keres

I imagine death so much it feels more like a memory

The usurper was certainly not like those before him. The green expanse of fields had always been led with grace and hope, if only a touch of discoordination. Malphas was the best of them, but even the best had to fall. Ezera was sweet but no leader- Amapola had thought too much about herself and not enough about her people. And Keres... She had tried, but in the end, she had not been able to carry the weight of the herd on shoulders that were already leaden with burden. Valor, it seemed, was an iron hand over the peaceable herd; but perhaps.... Perhaps this warlike 'Khal' would bring stability. She saw the eyes of Moonfire pass over her as if scornful of her willingness to follow. But the ghoul only stared back with calm eyes, their slit pupils dilating briefly at the loud and indignant general as she took her leave. Keres was no lapdog, to lick blindly at the feet of the hound who bared it's teeth; she was smart, and she knew that it did no good to bite the hand that fed you. Only a fool would chafe against a new world order without even knowing what it would bring.

It seemed that tact was to be her modus operandi.

She glanced to her shaking son, sheltering behind her legs with his costumary shyness. Her gaze was soft as she looked him over, offering him a gentle smile of reassurance. She wished she could have given Asclepius a calm and prosperous childhood- but fate didn't work that way. The boy had seen much in his short time on this earth. She could only hope it had not dampened the genuine goodness within.

It was on behalf of her beloved colt that the khal's remark of weaklings brought about a punding in her veins. Not a weakling. Not her son. Asclepius had survived four royals, deadly fog, a birth that had nearly taken both of their lives... But Valor, she supposed, knew none of that. A military mind such as his thought about what was strong, and what was not. And those unfit for strength had no place in his eyes, nor in his herd. She understood, though a mother's natural defense of her offspring was to be expected. She took a steadying breath, and once again her face was peaceful and diplomatic.
"I am Keres, Lord Khal." She murmured calmly, nodding her head in deference to his words. "I pledge myself to you, and lady Khaleesi."
She smiled toothily at the woman, whose promise to protect them was very well appreciated by the kind mare.
"I will see to it that my son receives the proper training. I swear that he will surprise you."
She promised, eyes gleaming with pride as she looked to her son, softly touching her muzzle to his temple and stepping back so that he was no longer behind her. Now they stood side by side. Her face told the boy not to be scared, that hiding was not necessary. If he wanted to exist beneath Valor's rule, they must be as equals. If he left, she would as well... But she hoped that her darling could become his own defender. Keres would not live forever.

Nodding to the new royals, she swished her tail, and queited to witness the reactions of the herd. She saw the murderer, the silent soldier, the revolutionary, the stranger. It was all a question of who would bow, and who would stand.

OOC | Valor Asclepius
I'm just a raindrop; I cry and I fall down
Trying to breathe, because I'm unable to drown

Citizen

Neutral
 Adult, 4 yrs  Stallion
 15.2 hh  1500 lbs
38 Posts 290 points
 Kornari Offline
Posted on Nov 18 2017, 1:41 AM.

Quetzalli
Take me down to your paradise
The roan stallion had been nearby, on the golden isle that lay just off the shore near the border of the fields, when he heard the call. It instantly struck a sense of apprehension within his barrel chest. There was something foreboding about the noise... and he immediately unfurled his wings and set for home.

It seemed, though, that his distance had caused him to arrive late to the party. It seemed that the herd had gathered, but he could see only one familiar face - that of Viktor. Ezera had left the herd some time ago, he supposed, but still he expected to see Amapola at any gathering of her herd...

Unless...

He hoped it was not true, and yet it seemed as though the place he had just learned to call home had been disrupted, torn up at the roots. From the skies he circled, turquoise and emerald wings glinting under the sun. He landed a short distance from the gathered equines and approached on foot. He arrived just in time to see the large ebon mare... Moonfire, he guessed, based on the description that Amapola had given him, leaving the gathering. Quetzalli's head turned towards her, then back to the gathering. He wanted to follow the mare... to ask what had happened...

But he did not know her that well... He did not truly know her at all, save what little Amapola had told him. He did not feel comfortable demanding information from her like that. So, instead, he approached the gathering. There, he caught the last vestiges of a mare's declaration that those who wished to stay within the herd would be welcomed. 

His scholar's mind was putting the clues together... more and more it seemed that his nightmare had become reality.

The roan stallion sidled up beside Viktor, feeling more comfortable near the one other soul he knew. Then, he cleared his throat and spoke.

"Apologies for my lateness, but what has happened? Who are you? And what has happened to Amapola?"

Quetzalli held his head high as he addressed the horned stud whom all the others were facing. The mare who had been speaking stood by his side. Though Quetz felt as though he knew exactly what the answers to his questions would be, he had to hear it for himself.

"Vocalization." | Actions

OOC | Valor -.- sorry I'm a little late to the party! 

Inactive Character

Neutral
 Adult, 4½ yrs  Stallion
 19.2 hh  2000 lbs
25 Posts 0 points
 boaz Offline
Posted on Nov 18 2017, 5:10 PM.

Björn;
with my strength i will devour.

It had been so long since he had heard his native tongue, his entire body tingled at the sound of Valor's words. It brought him back home. It had been their only language. Although the contents of what his brother spoke caused the brute to snort in slight annoyance. He had only warned the broad female not to speak to his brother in such manner, but he understood Valor's want for him to settle. Björn responded to his brother with a slight glance in his direction, as he was looking back to the massive onyx female, he left his gaze to linger on Arête for a brief moment before looking back to Moonfire. He watched as the hatred danced in her pupils.

It only left a wicked smirk upon his own lips.

Ah yes, bringing Björn back together with his older brother all in all wasn't the best idea. Sure the overo brute still remained his kind hearted self, but he had a wicked way about him when he was among his brother. Just like old times, he would say.

He watched as the chaos unfolded before him, Moonfire throwing her tantrum to a rather hefty onyx stallion standing off in the distance as if he was dumbfounded. This sparked Björn's interest. What are you waiting for? He thought, his somber orbs not leaving the brute. He didn't take kindly to those who shadowed themselves in a corner, just waiting for something to happen. Throwing a glance at Valor, he kept his voice low. "Anha vazhak maan rek me zala." A snort followed his comment to the Khal, before bringing his stare back to the brute. A chuckle managed to escape from his lips, shaking his head in dismay. The entire scene before him was actually amusing to him. Between the female they call Moonfire throwing a hissy fit and storming off, to the brute's silent stare, along with the others' actions.

"Assilat vaes majin azzafrolat gimisires mae." What was nice of having their own native tongue was Björn knew only of himself and Valor knew what was said. The last bit he spoke was more for himself than anyone, although again, he had known only Valor would understand what he had even said. Attention was turned to Arête as she spoke, a softer smile upon his lips now as he dipped his head in respect to his new Khaleesi. Although he still had much to learn of her, he could tell she would thrive.

Looking upon the frail looking female that had shown the respect that Valor deserved from the beginning, he observed her and the young stallion she had with her. Now that is what I'm talking about. He thought as she once more paid her respects and pledged herself to his brother. His attention was grabbed by yet another new comer as they approached. Björn's gray eyes focused on the roan brute with vibrant wings. Upon hearing his confusion, he brought it on himself to answer. "Amapola is gone. You may address your new ruler as Khal Valor," He tossed his muzzle in his brother's direction, although his eyes never left the brute.  

OOC | Asclepius, Illyria, Ozereus, & EVERYONE ELSE |

"Anha vazhak maan rek me zala." - I can silence him for good.

"Assilat vaes majin azzafrolat gimisires mae."  - It's like your conquering their city and taking Amapola's people as slaves.

Rogue

Pacifist
 13.3 hh  950 lbs
62 Posts 30 points
 Zetro Offline
Posted on Nov 18 2017, 6:00 PM.

The Khal was blunt. Extremely so, and where all the leaders before him had worn some kind of smile and spoken with some manner of gentleness, the Khal did not give energy to such displays. Asclepius flinched, bodily, his whole head moving to one side and his body shifting to put himself behind mother, away from the Khal. Leave? The Khal would make him leave? Why? What would he do? What would he possibly do without mother?

He... he wasn't welcome?

Mother's smile was reassuring, but the words of the Khal echoed in Asclepius' twisted ears, persistent and writhing. Weakling. Not welcome. Mother's smile almost fixed it. Almost. There had been a time when he would've smiled back, immediately at peace, eternally trusting in Mamma's protection. But now Mamma moved. She shifted away from him, leaving him acutely exposed on the grass, so that she stood beside him and he could no longer rest his muzzle on her for comfort.

She had never done that before.

Her face said it would be alright, but the whole world argued against it. The Khal stood tall and frightening - not scary because of horns and teeth, but because of his oath. His oath that weaklings weren't welcome. His promise that one day very soon, if Asclepius didn't do good, he'd have to leave. He'd have to leave mother. Everyone was mad, and arguing - the mare who'd raced with him and promised to train him had left now. The Khal and some strange stallion were speaking words Asclepius didn't know. The whole Field was covered in strangers...

He wanted nothing more than to bolt to mother and hide under her belly and wait for the awful noises to go away, but now he didn't know if he could. His feet wouldn't move. His knees were locked. His wings shivered and clenched themselves tight to his ankles. He felt tiny and vulnerable and very afraid, and if he moved he didn't know what would happen. What if the Khal didn't like it? What then? What if...

What if Mamma didn't like it?

What if Mamma didn't want a weakling either?

The air felt cold on his coat. His ears folded back; his eyes were wide and unblinking, snapping nervously towards movements. He didn't make a sound as the noise continued to rumble and growl all around him, the sounds of argument and dissatisfaction, the rise and fall of stranger's voices. Asclepius did not know what to say, what to do. The words of the Khal echoed in his head, all the harsher for never having been said to him before.

Weakling.

Rogue

Aggressor
 Adult, 10½ yrs  Stallion
 15.2 hh  1100 lbs
31 Posts 0 points
 Moseley Offline
Posted on Nov 23 2017, 5:07 PM.

we go way back, my mask and i
He was uncomfortable. More than uncomfortable, but right now he didn't care. There was a heavy tension in the air, it sat thick in his throat and just behind his nostrils, making it difficult to breathe. Although the cause of that tension within his own body was unknown, and more than a little confusing.

His kohai, the man he both hated and loved, was standing opposite him, those usually restless green eyes trained solely on Viktor. It was unnerving, to say the least. The lizard man was dangerous, deadly and so damn sexy. 

No. Kill that thought before it goes any further. Stab it stab it stab it stab it and stab it again through the heart before Zac does it to you. Again.

He watched with an unsteady gaze as more equines filed in, none of which he knew. He watched the crowd for any signs of his newest friends - he'd met the odd equine since he arrived in this place - Elysium, Quetzalli had called it? - but he didn't know if any of them lived here. Hell, he didn't even know if he ought to live here.

There were two pegasi, a horned man and a small child to follow his own arrival before the "Khal" spoke again. The words filled his head, only to float away again without really registering. He was the Khal and she was the Khaleesi, and Viktor must swear their lives to them. Okay, so all he had to do was - Wait.

Back up. What was that, ears?

You sure?

Absolutely sure?

Like, 100000000050% sure?

Shit. No. We can't do that.

Viktor wanted to cry. Screw that, he wanted to scream to the high heavens until his throat was raw and mangled. The man had left whatever-it-was behind him so he'd be a free man. Free from swearing his life to anything, absoloutley anything, and free from all the God damned fighting there was in the world. He'd had more than his fair share of bloodlust and gore, and he was pretty sure any of the world's Gods would testify to that. Yet here it was again. Fate was trying to drag him back, kicking and screaming.

There was another who left. The large, black pegasus spoke a mighty piece before leaving. It was inspirational, even to the overo man who had not met her. Suddenly, he held a deep respect for her, being strong enough to stand against an entire herd for something she believed in. It made Viktor feel weak.

He watched from the sidelines, lost and confused and silently trying not to panic as the Khal called a child a weakling. Viktor would give anything to let that child remain so innocent - he himself had been robbed of a childhood. He had grown old far too soon and it was all coming back in that very instant and it hurt and it stung and it burnt and it hurt and it was painful and it  - 

Quetzalli was here. The feathered roan took up his place beside Viktor, for which he was eternally grateful. At some point, his body had begun to tremble. Wordlessly, he sidled closer to the man, invading the other's personal bubble like he had done so before, close enough that his side could brush up against the taller man's warmth, seeking out any form of comfort his friend could give.

It was some time before the man finally spoke up. He lifted his head, eyes settling upon the Khal.

"I - " his throat seemed to constrict, pausing the words as he sorted them over in his head. He was still unsure of what he was going to do. What he was going to say.

"I - I sw-sw-swea-" they stopped again. No. He couldn't do this.

"I can't. I can't do this," the words left in a flood, as the man spun sharply away from the gathering. His eyes searched for Quetzalli's in an apologising way, rimmed with unshed water, before he made a quick exit from the fields
OOC|IT'S HERE SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG and Viktor's out! See ya'

waiting is wasting for people like me

Citizen

Aggressor
 Adult, 5½ yrs  Stallion
 20.0 hh  2000 lbs
54 Posts 0 points
 Moseley Offline
Posted on Nov 23 2017, 5:54 PM.

His small ears listened intently to the Khal's words, drinking them in like they were the finest of wines. Carefully, savouring the taste of each sip, weighing up the mix of flavours before decided that yes. This was indeed one of the world's finest bottles.

But of course, he knew that before the man had even opened his mouth. Khal Valor had removed from the throne the pestering little ball of puss known as Amapola. Yes, she was a beauty to behold - one that ticked all the boxes in his mind - but she was not fit for leadership. She was arrogant, she was blind and try as she might to disprove it, she was deaf to her people's wishes. He had pointed it out to her, and what had she done? Nothing. Instead, Zacharius was awoken a few hours later with a blinding headache and no recollection of the end of the meeting. At least this man held some form of authority over the herd.

His gaze was no longer trained on his senpai entirely, but his green eyes kept flickering back towards the man once in a while. He seemed tense, and uptight - what was wrong with him? When the Khal finished addressing the herd, Viktor seemed to tense, even more - as if that were possible - and was he trembling?

His attention was drawn back to Moonfire as she let loose her mighty tongue on the Khal's words. He held back his own snide remark about the pegasus as she turned and fled the meeting, barely keeping the smirk from his features. All those pretty words previously about keeping the peace, serving both of the sisters? Both Arae and Corona? Hah! He wanted to laugh. The mare had just proclaimed herself to be the protector of Arae, a herd that no longer existed. How could there have ever been unity between the two herds when some refused to give up on what they have lost.

He was pleased when Keres pledged herself, and her child, to the Khal and Khaleesi. But it was soon lost when Viktor, of all people, refused to stay.

"Senpai?" he called out when the overo man left, unable to restrain the concern and confusion in his voice. Hadn't Viktor been the one to take him under his wing? To teach him to fight? Hadn't Viktor said he loved him? What was going on?

No, now was not the time. Zacharius shook his head slowly, clearing the thoughts and sending green ooze towards the ground in rivulets. It hissed and burnt the grasses it touched before fading away to nothing.

The lizard man stood proud and tall once more, his neck arced seamlessly into the massive convex shape of his skull. 

"Khal Valor, Khaleesi Arete, I pledge myself to both of you without hesitation. I served as Knight to the Kings and Queens of old, having proven my worth to them, and wish to do the same for you both," he paused, green eyes flickering hesitantly to those who would call him a murderer.

"Although, I am afraid, I have committed a heinous crime which most of my fellow herd mates will no doubt testify to. I am more than willing to receive any punishment you would lay out, should you so wish, in order to repent for my deeds."

Okay, maybe that last part was added for those sceptical of him. The man was a murderer, and he felt no remorse, but he did not wish for his new Khal to be presented with a murder trial on Zacharius' behalf straight away, First impressions and all.

Valor

Citizen

Neutral
 Adult, 4 yrs  Stallion
 15.2 hh  1500 lbs
38 Posts 290 points
 Kornari Offline
Posted on Nov 25 2017, 11:20 PM.

Quetzalli
Take me down to your paradise
Quetzalli had learned in their short time that Viktor had a tendency to ignore one's personal bubble... but the man found it sort of endearing. Still, even the comfort that he felt at having his friend near could not completely eclipse the dread that filled his chest at the black and white male who spoke to him.

Amapola...

Instantly, the form of his queen appeared in his mind... broken. Though Quetzalli was not a violent sort, more a scholar than a warrior, there was a strange feeling of anger that began to well up in his heart. A deep almost hatred flared in his eyes and he gave a mighty snort. And as Viktor moved forward and struggled to swear fealty to this imposter Khal, Quetz knew what his decision would be. So it was that when the overo turned his back on the one called Valor, so too did Quetzalli.

"A true king does not force his subjects to swear fealty... they do so out of respect and loyalty. You, sir, are naught but a pretender to the throne."

Despite the intense feelings within him, the words were delivered with a level voice that belied the anger that rushed through his veins. It was with that, the scholar turned his back upon the only home he had known here in Elysium.

His legs moved him into a lengthy trot as he tried to catch up with Viktor. He did not know where his Queen had ended up, but he had made her two promises when last they had met: to seek the one called Moonfire for training in battle, and to search for a solution that would restore the Satin Beach. He intended to follow through with both promises, for Quetzalli valued his word. Perhaps Viktor, and any of the others who remained loyal to Amapola, would join him.

As he thought that, he turned back to the gathered horses and made one last statement. His emerald eyes locked with each of the gathered equines who had once comprised the Carinae, a silent plea within the depths of his gaze.

"While I respect that the choice is yours alone whether to join with the new Khal, if any of you choose not to swear fealty to him you may find me in the Immortal Gardens. Amapola tasked me with finding a way to remove the blight from her former home... perhaps together we may find a solution."

He had been there once before, on the edges of where the fog made the Beach uninhabitable. That was as close as any could get now, but from there he could study the fog and begin the search for a cure...

And then the roan stallion turned away for the last time, his long legs carrying him South towards the gardens...

"Vocalization." | Actions

OOC | Valor 

Second-in-Command

Aggressor
 Adult, 5 yrs  Stallion
 18.0 hh  2000 lbs
9 Posts 240 points
 Randalin Offline
Posted on Nov 26 2017, 9:19 PM. (Edited: Nov 26 2017, 9:21 PM by Ozereus. Edit Reason: coding issue )

Ozereus

He watches from the background for a moment or two longer, an amused smirk playing at the corners of a blackened mouth. How often the weak attempt to appear strong in their frightened flights. He shifts to lean casually against a boulder as silvered eyes track the motions of those departing. The smirk lengthens into a full grin and he approaches the Khal and Khaleesi. His motions are those of a predator, sleek almost mesmerizing movements as wings drag on the ground behind him silently. Sharp gaze looks to those who remain as he passes them, coming to rest on the boy left in the open. He looks to the skeletal mare, his dam, and back at the boy. Lowering his inky head to the child’s level, he murmurs, “Stand straight, boy. You’ve nothing to fear here.” Winking once at his mother, he resumes his walk toward the pair who lead this motley group. 

He stops in front of them but stares at the Khaleesi for a second longer than should be necessary, assessing and cataloging her features. Social niceties have no place in his Fallen heart. His gaze bleeds to black as he turns his attention to Valor and shadows swirl at his feet. ”It is good to see you have emerged victorious. I do not swear my life without just cause; perhaps we will speak on this more? I do have certain talents I believe you have use for.” His voice is pitched low so only the pair before him can hear the words; Ozereus does not pledge loyalty to anyone. He once more turns to his friend’s mate and this time speaks loud enough for the group to hear; his eyes once more revealing silvered galaxies and the shadows disappear. ”To you, Khaleesi, I swear my protection. It is not often a ruler promises her own life for the sake of the rest as you have done.” His nods to her and withdraws back to stand near the child once more; a show of support in the youth's favor.

"Speech." | Thoughts.

Inactive Character

Aggressor
 Adult, 6½ yrs  Stallion
 20.0 hh  2500 lbs
62 Posts 10 points
 boaz Offline
Posted on Nov 27 2017, 2:12 AM. (Edited: Nov 27 2017, 2:16 AM by Valor.)

VALOR;
 dance with the devil tonight.

The massive dark female that went by the name of Moonfire unfolded before himself, his Khaleesi, and the rest of those who had stepped forth to join the herd meeting. It however, was no surprise to Valor that she had chose to act in such a way. From the moment she had arrived with the attitude she carried, it had been either she left on her own will or he would force her out. He knew the great use for someone such as her, but her attitude just wasn't a good fit.

He remained to have an emotionless face as she made her scene and exited. His snake pupils merely gazed at her, but he had not a care in the world of her declarations of him being an enemy. Inside a smug smile tugged at his lips, though he dismissed it. He refused to acknowledge the wench with any emotion whatsoever.

Gaze moved to the love beside him as she spoke, he couldn't help but allow a soft smile lift the corner of his lips. He glanced at her from the corner of his eyes before looking upon the rest of the equines. He wanted to observe their reactions to their new Khaleesi's words. She'll do just fine leading them. It had been a worrisome thought of his, but listening to her speak now, he didn't worry anymore.

The beast remained silent as everything unfolded before him. The mare that had been Queen once before, Keres, spoke once more and pledged herself and her son to himself and his mate. His snake eyes had moved their way to the young lad at that point, but his attention had quickly been yanked to a new comer. A roan colored male with colorful wings. He had asked a question that Valor had already covered, but with him being late to the game he kept himself calm, as he didn't prefer to repeat himself.

However, it didn't have to. His brother had responded to the male for him. Valor had smirked and shook his head to the rest of his brother's commentary throughout the rest of the time, speaking only in their native tongue. He looked down upon his brother, "Anha asshilak jin azh shafkea haji rekoon et shafka." He spoke softly, nodding toward the overo male. It was only right to make his own blood a Ko of his khalasar.

Looking from his brother to the only youngin as his mother had stepped aside to allow the colt to stand on his own. Before he had been able to say a word to the young one, the noise of another leaving caught his attention. The chestnut overo male that had awkwardly came before them, he had stuttered - straining, was more like it - to make out the words of his pledge. But alas, he could not force the words from his mouth, which resulted in his exit. The other male that had came forth with the chestnut overo, the scaly looking brute stepped closer to himself and Arête. Out of habit, Valor snorted and took a subtle step in front of his Khaleesi. He did not know these strange people, nor what they were capable of. They could try and attack him, but making a move toward her was a death sentence.

Although to his slight surprise, the scaled male had made a point to pledge himself. As he went on about confessing of a prior crime. "And what is your name? Although you had proved yourself as a Knight to them, you will have to prove your worth to me. I am glad you pledge to stay, and as for your sins," He paused for a moment, nares flared as he looked down to his brother before bringing his gaze back to the scaled brute. "are hereby forgotten, as I was not here to witness or understand the circumstances." Moving his gaze from the male to the rest of the group, catching the annoyance of the roan with the vibrant wings.

Valor listened to the male speak with harshness, once more his face had fell emotionless. Eyelids blinking nonchalantly in response. He had spoke of loyalty and respect... yet how could a new ruler receive such things? It was impossible. Especially from followers of the previous ruler. Those words were only to be spoke from ones who have never been in the spot of leadership. The dragon watched as another left. Good riddance. It meant nothing to him. All it meant was the weak minded had been weaned out. Attention was torn toward his newly founded friend, Ozereus.

Watching as the onyx male couched the young colt, another soft smile played on his lips. Ears perked upon his friend's words, which cause Valor to nod in agreement. He understood. Which was what brought him to his next speech, as he figured this was all the audience he would have. "Ah yes, Ozereus. Which brings me to my end statement, for those who have stayed and pledged your lives to me," He took a side glanced at his Khaleesi, a full on smile took up residence on his lips at that point. I, your Khal Valor, pledge my very life to you, my Khalasar. From this day forward, you are under our protection. My protection. If the time ever calls upon me, I shall lay my life down for the safety of all of you, I swear on it." He had taken a couple steps closer to the edge of the small hill they had stood upon, looking down upon the small amount who had remained.

Sharp snake eyes shot toward the short, yet very large male who had stood quietly throughout the entire meeting. He had recognized him as the one who dragged Amapola to safety. Which only meant he was not meant to stay. "And you, who removed Amapola from impending death, you may also remove yourself from these lands. You are no longer wanted here." He spoke firmly and coldly. It was time for him to leave, or he would see to it that he was removed by force. Dead or alive.

OOC | @[EVERYONE] | this is basically the end of this meeting - if you so wish to respond, you may do so.

"Anha asshilak jin azh shafkea haji rekoon et shafka." -   I make this gift to you for what you did.

Inactive Character

Neutral
 Adult, 7 yrs  Stallion
 16.2 hh  2400 lbs
278 Posts 52 points
 Zetro Offline
Posted on Nov 27 2017, 3:15 AM.

As Beaufort had intended, so he did. In silence he formed impressions in his mind, impressions that took the shorthand labels of friend, foe, and hapless pauper. It cemented in the black draft's mind the exact kind of herd that Carinae had suddenly become in the span of moments. Those who had been of Arae, those who had been the kindest or brightest of Carinae, now fled. Those who were warriors or bereft of horror themselves remained.

Beaufort did not feel as strongly as Quetzalli or Moonfire, but inwardly echoed their sentiments. It was the kind of echo that would never be spoken, the kind of remnant that the sun leaves behind on the featureless moon. He saw the light and the dark and perceived the worth of both, but in his youth he had seen too much of the dark horizon to truly desire knowing what might lay beyond if a true eclipse ever fell.

Of course, he had seen enough of that dark to know that this was nothing to one of those metaphorical eclipses. Still. The horizon was too close; the price was too high.

Beaufort thought he should say something. It seemed the thing to do, and yet, as Khal Valor concluded his first address, and ordered Beaufort to leave, the black draft said nothing - well, nothing in comparison to the passionate emotions of Moonfire or the emotional appraisal of Quetzalli.

Instead, all he said was a flat (even for him), "Verily. I hope you find whatever it is you are seeking, at the better price of mortal souls."

And Beaufort turned on one black-feathered heel and departed.

nothing survives the eye of the storm so i'll stay on the water-kissed beaches and wait

Valor Björn @[all]

Rogue

Pacifist
 13.3 hh  950 lbs
62 Posts 30 points
 Zetro Offline
Posted on Dec 15 2017, 4:25 PM.

The words of the black pegasus, though they are spoken in a gentle, agreeable murmur, which is comforting - the words themselves aren't any comfort. And the approach of the stranger did not help - though Asclepius instantly far preferred this pegasus to the Khal. Asclepius flinched at the stranger's words, and dipped his head and folded his ears in instant submission. He was too afraid to stand straight, and though the stranger's words seemed earnest, Asclepius could not make himself believe them.

What the Khal did next only made Asclepius more fearful. In the blur of activity it hadn't been very clear to him, but Ascelpius remembered the screaming and shouting of the scaled stallion, Zacharius... and he remembered that Zacharius had tried to attack the Que - Amapola's father, Beaufort. That was why Moonfire had had to knock him down with her big hooves. Only, now Moonfire wasn't here, and now... Amapola had promised to investigate the matter, but it seemed the Khal wouldn't. The scaled stallion didn't seem very mean now, but it made Asclepius nervous.

Everything made him nervous. He shivered again. It was cold.

The Khal made a grand speech at the end that was no comfort to Asclepius. He could not name the things he disliked, but he thought that where Amapola had been very soft, more like water, the Khal was all hard edges and coldness. But not really - though the Khal was a lot pointier than Amapola, he wasn't really cold. Yet, he was.

The pegasus moved towards Asclepius and the colt gingerly shifted away. Ozereus was still a stranger. The Khal was a stranger. Everybody, it seemed, was a stranger, and all the time - the comforting Corona of his childhood was long, long gone. Nothing was the same.

He missed it.