06-19-18 ★ We have updated our rules to match our host's update about inappropriate content. Anyone who goes against this will have their IP addresses banned by the host. If you've any questions, please contact a staff member.

06-14-18May OTM Nominations are up and ready to go, they will be open until the 28th of this month.

05-10-18 ★ OOC accounts are now automatically activated on their own once more!

05-09-18 ★ The new Firstborn's name has been decided!

04-29-18March OTM Winners are up! Go check out who won or see the IC News to take a peek with the OTM banners.

Summer, Year 3    Leviticus Era
The new Firstborn Vihaan is visiting the horses of Carinae in Viridian Fields!
The Lost One has appeared needing help of your characters in this site wide plot!
Congratulations to Ritsika, the new player of newly mortal firstborn, Cora!
Welcome new Empress Kashmir of Heretic!
The Red Wastes now has a sub-forum of its own! All Lyrus members can post there but outsiders beware!
The training battle between Gotham City and Caelian has been decided on a winner!

Chatter
Cbox silent? We're in our Discord.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Site Plot  FROM THE GATES OF HELL
Firstborn

Aggressor
 Immortal  Stallion
 19.2 hh  1900 lbs
11 Posts 465 points
 Staff Offline
Posted on Feb 12 2018, 9:08 PM. (Edited: May 07 2018, 12:12 PM by BailanduSilueta.)

If he could, Heretic would raise a disapproving eyebrow at the events of the Iron Valley. He had been watching, as he always was, the drama unfolding beneath him. Too intrigued to see how it would play out, he didn't intervene. It would only cause a mess, anyway, and he didn't want to be cleaning up after the mere mortals. But nevertheless, he needed his representative in Elysium, as every other Firstborn had. There was no way he'd allow for peace to befall this country if there was an opportunity to spread terror, war and blood. 

And so he gave a little shrug, pondering in his tainted brain what to do next. Licking his salted maw, he peered down at the so-called Emperor, captured by the one named Moonfire. Where was the red liquid painting the dirt of Elysium? Where were the war-drums, beating in his name? Where were his loyal subjects who were supposed to serve the Prince of Darkness, he and he alone? Letting out a grunt not dissimilar from a wild boar, Heretic followed it with a sultry voice under his breath. "Never get a mortal to do the job of an immortal."

At the very edge of the valley, before it sloped into the deep canyon, an angry manifestation appeared of the Firstborn himself. There was an ethereal glow about him like there was for his siblings, that made the spectre look all the more ghastly. "Here I am before you, sons and daughters of darkness; no tricks, no riddles, just the one you should sacrifice your children to. Heed my words for I shall say them only once. I am displeased. The just herds of Elysium grow stronger, and what do I see from the herd in my name? Nothing but weaknesses, horses spiralling out of control. Bring me the heads of your enemies, turn the waters red, but do it in my name. I order those of you who wish for control to now stand before me, bare your filthy souls to me, and tell me why you should take the crown." 

The throne of the Heretics lies open, ready to be snatched by a dirty little heart.

Something is happening! Open to Heretic members, other herd members and rogues, anyone can stand before our dastardly Firstborn and explain why they think they should seize the Heretic throne. It might be helpful to include what direction you will take the Heretics in -- we're sure this darkened soul of a god will be hanging off your every word!

Commoner

Aggressor
 Adult, 4 yrs  Mare
 15.3 hh  900 lbs
98 Posts 470 points
 Moseley Offline
Posted on Feb 12 2018, 10:14 PM.

She had been waiting for this moment for far too long. Age and maturity had held her back before, but not now. Benna was a child no more. She had shelved that side of her when she saw the message written to the Heretics in the bodily fluids of their own leader. She too found it disgusting that the herd had grown weak and complacent in their time beneath Draco's throne. Having a strong leader was a vital requirement of any herd, but having too strong of one gave a false sense of security - something a herd of miscreants, hated and feared by many an equine, could not afford to have. This was the wake-up call they had all needed, wanted or not.

The young dragon held her head high, shard of darkness worn proudly on her scarred chest. She may have an extensive collection of jewels and charms, but this one was by far the pride and joy of it all. The mere presence of the crystal on her breast tapped into the potential the young woman had - and that was a vast amount indeed. It showed that even in her days as a child amongst these people she had been exceptional. She had won the favour of their bastard Firstborn.

The very Firstborn who stood before the herd this very moment, disappointed in his followers. The just herds, he said, were growing stronger and Benna had no doubt in her mind that as they did so the strength of their own herd waned. It was utterly unacceptable. She wanted to see those waters run red with blood - no, she needed to. As did the rest of the Heretic herd. They needed to make up for lost time. Extract revenge on whoever had dared enter their lands and strike their Emporer with such cowardice. For it was an act of cowardice, to strike a man in the comfort of his own home.

She stood before the imposing figure, head held tall. Glacial eyes burned with a ferocity someone so young should not be able to possess, but it was there none the less. Her hooves did not tremble and despite the magnitude of the task she was prepared to take on, the task she was certainly willing to sacrifice her life for, she did not quake. Her breath was steady and her heart barely fluttered beyond its usual steadiness.

He was just as spectacular as she remembered. The ethereal glow surrounding their Firstborn only added to the imposing figure that was the man Heretic - the very creature himself, who had called upon them to serve him. The sight of him threatened to steal the air from her lungs, but Benna would not let it escape so easily.

"My Lord Heretic," she began quietly, finding the words on her tongue before she even realised they were there, "You are right. The herd has become weak. I cannot say I take no blame in this, for even as a child I could have done something."

She paused, looking away at the valley walls and releasing a breath before meeting the Firstborn's eyes once more and continuing with strength.

"But I am a child no more, having grown up in these lands and as a part of your herd from nearly the beginning. I have seen leader after leader fail, and I swear I shall do my best not to let it be so again. I will fight to my very last breath with your name a battle cry on my lips before I see this herd fall another time. Your followers have grown complacent in a false peace, but they shall do so no more under my rule.

"Should you find me worthy of being Queen to your herd, I shall raise them again from the ground with firm foundations. No man, woman or child in this herd shall be unprotected again within our own lands. No outsider will dare come to our borders without fearing for their own life.

It is an eye for an eye in this world. Blood for blood. An Emporer for an Emporer. We will raise havoc upon these lands, leave no stone unturned. I will meet with the other herds myself in person, and lay down our law. Those who stand against us shall know what it means to be an enemy of Heretic. They shall not spill our blood and get away unharmed. There will be no waiting in the shadows until opportunity arises."

The young dragon paused again, a smile tugging at her lips. When she spoke again, her voice was soft and sincere, "I know it will be difficult, especially in these tough times when it seems like Elysium is working actively to stop us, but that is even more reason for the Heretics to rise up and show the world what it is we can do. I believe I am the one with the power to do that."
blood guts & chocolate cake
OOC| GO BENNA GO! Heretic

Confidant

Neutral
 Adult, 6 yrs  Mare
 17.1 hh  1800 lbs
50 Posts 320 points
 Kornari Offline
Posted on Feb 13 2018, 1:03 AM. (Edited: Feb 13 2018, 1:04 AM by Nocturné.)

Nocturné
hic sunt leones
For the second time in the last few days, a call rang out in the winter air above the Iron Valley. This time, however, Nocturné was the one being summoned rather than doing the summoning. At the familiar voice of the bastard Firstborn, a shot of adrenaline and thrill wound its way down her spine. She had been studying the crime scene of the former Emperor's kidnapping. She had attempted to rouse the herd into a fury over the attack, and perhaps she had succeeded... but either way, she could not know until the loyalists began to tear Elysium apart in search of their lost leader. Still, it would not do well to ignore the call of the God who now walked among them for the time being. Without further delay, her muscular legs carried her as swiftly as possible to where Heretic awaited the audience of His followers.

She was not the first to arrive before the god, but she was in time to witness the impassioned speech by the young dragoness, Benna. Though she had not become well acquainted with the young woman, Nocturné could not help but be impressed by her bearing and her loyalty to Heretic and his followers. Though she was not as enamored with the Firstborn as the other woman was, Nocturné gave him a deep bow as was expected. One did not disrespect gods after all.

After the younger woman had said her piece, Nocturné took a moment to appraise the dragon. Though young, she presented herself eloquently and fervently. Both qualities that the dark goddess could respect. Though she had been loyal to Draco, who had brought her here and presented her with a place in his court, she found herself contemplating how to handle this new situation. The herd could not survive without a leader, that much was certain. The very nature of those that Heretic collected as followers would mean that every day they went without powerful voice to guide them brought them a little closer to chaos and anarchy. Both of these things could not exist within the herd if it was to continue to command respect from the rest of the Elysian herds.

There was no guarantee that Draco would even be found alive... for all they knew, he had been murdered by whoever had taken him and they were about to embark on a wild goose-chase to get him back. Though she had little interest in the Black Throne at the moment, she could not ignore the wisdom of casting her lot behind one of Heretic's favored.

"My lord Heretic, I can completely understand your disappointment in us. We have grown too complacent, as Benna said. And we have been made a mockery of by this "Light of Elysium" who has stolen our Emperor. I have tasked the herd with tearing the realm apart to find, and punish, whomever is responsible for this. Rest assured, m'lord, that as Draco's appointed confidant I will not rest until the Heretics are feared and respected again."

She then looked to the young dragon, bejeweled and full of wicked passion for this land. The lioness took a moment to study the woman, and made her decision.

"I have not been a member of this herd for long, and so I do not feel I have earned the right to ask for the throne. As such, Benna, I would like to formally offer my own support to your claim if you will have it. All I ask is if you are chosen as our Queen that you allow me to follow through with the task of finding Draco's kidnapper... and perhaps consider me as a member of your court, though I make no demands in that regard."

After all, who better to stand behind a dragon than a lion?
"Vocalization." | Actions | Thoughts

Rogue

Aggressor
 Adult, 9½ yrs  Mare
 20.0 hh  1800 lbs
5 Posts 290 points
 Serinidia Offline
Posted on Feb 18 2018, 11:56 PM. (Edited: Feb 18 2018, 11:59 PM by Malystrix.)

Malystrix

Cry me a river... so that I can drown you in it.

She watched with contempt burning through her veins as different equines approached the being known as Heretic. Incompetent children, the sneer lifted her lips into a twisted smile as she began to move closer to the gathering, dark digits swiveled forward to catch every word. Having actual ears was still a rather strange feeling and the appendages tended to do as they wished instead of what she wanted them to do. A taloned hoof paused as she mulled over the silken words that the stallion had uttered and the ears were quick to pin. You have to demand that the violence is done in your name? A wave of shock rippled through her as her tail swished, quilled hair catching on and overturning several stones. If you want me to say that my actions are done in your name then you must impress me. A snort sounded; full of scorn and pity. You do not impress me, Heretic; your band of followers does not impress me either. Rather; I find the lot of you to be disgraces when it comes to bloodshed and creativity.

Her talons clicked against the rocks as she made her decent with pinned ears and disappointment written across her face. There was a younger mare speaking to the creature that called itself a god and Malystrix’s jagged teeth bit down onto her tongue to keep herself from interrupting. Speak up, she wanted to scream the words, carry yourself like a queen and not a trembling hatchling. The sharp tang of copper leaked into her mouth and she swallowed without hesitation. The bitter taste was a balm to frayed nerves and a short temper as the mare allowed herself to become distracted by it. Pieces of flesh still clung to her serrated teeth from her earlier victims and her tongue raked over the morsels fondly. There was a new sense of confidence in the younger mare’s voice and critical eyes raked over the female’s form. A glimmer of respect started to stir in the former dragon’s heart but the flame was quickly smothered as the other mare continued to speak. You sat by and did nothing? The venom in the realization left the ears tucked so close to her skull that one had to look closely to see them. And now you grovel to this stallion and expect those who are listening to believe you can rectify the herd?

The once-queen let her mind drift as the younger mare continued to speak and her eyes glazed over she transported herself to another place and time. There were rumors of actual dragons living within Elysium but from what information she had come across it seemed as though they were useless. No wonder I was forced to switch to an equine’s form, the thought was slightly amused as she thought about how the transition must have been for her son. I hope it killed him, her teeth ground against each other at the thought of him, if it didn’t then I will. Her attention was dragged away from the delightful idea of sinking her teeth into his throat and back to the present. Malystrix let her eyes flicker with annoyance at being dragged out of the illusion and the mare quickly tucked the fantasy away for later.

“Elysium does nothing to stop you.” The words spilled out as soon as her younger counterpart finished speaking. “You and the wretches that claim this herd as home have done it to yourselves which is why I’ve stayed away.” Malystrix flicked her quilled tail at the youngster in a reprimand. The quill-laced hair moved to within inches of its target before falling short and flattening. No blood tonight, not yet at least.

Molten eyes turned to fixate on Heretic, the orbs surrounding the stallion’s reflection before crushing it. For the first time since entering this new land, the mare found herself longing for the reptilian form she had once commanded. Oh, you would have made for such a delightful chew toy, the thought left a smile on her face as she moved closer, who knows, maybe you still will be. The thought was brushed away as she started to speak, “I wasn’t aware that there was even a crown awarded to whoever leads this…” the mare paused as she searched for an appropriate word to describe the mess of equines that called themselves Heretics. “…rabble.” She didn’t bother to filter her disdain, ears still pinned as she watched the slightly smaller stallion. “Although, I feel like it should be pointed out that you sound rather desperate for something that is supposed to wield a terrifying amount of power.” The lava-like eyes hardened, “And it sounds like you’re looking for the perfect whelp of a puppet. A puppet would be the only thing dull enough to follow your plea for respect so blindly.”

Talons clicked the ground as she began to circle the stallion, muscles bunched and ready to spring into action. The mare wasn’t expecting a fight to break out but she wouldn’t be surprised either and her hide twitched in an eager anticipation. “Tell me, Firstborn, the title was spat out of her fanged mouth, “what have you done to deserve such loyalty? Respect is earned and not given so I’m afraid being the creature that mare’s use to terrify foals into behaving won’t cut it.”

OOC | [@Heretic] [@Nocturne] and [@Benna]

Empress

Neutral
 Adult, 4 yrs  Mare
 16.2 hh  1400 lbs
56 Posts 945 points
 Olive Offline
Posted on Feb 21 2018, 9:45 PM.

She was not a killer. She was not a murderess, or anything else that pertained to death. Kashmir was a helper, a friend, and most certainly, probably above all else, she was a lover. So the question at hand was how did she end up in a land like the Iron Valley? Most of the members in this herd and this so-called “Firstborn” were the exact opposite of her in temperament it seemed. And since the very beginning of her time in Elysium, the mare did not believe in these mystical beings floating around. On top of that, she had been a rogue with no real stationary home. The lagoon had been the closest place to that, and would always be special in her opinion. However, all of the odds were stacked up against Kashmir, plain as the day is long. But there was something that initiated her coming to the land, and that was her daughter. After having brief conversations with several others, she had to make decisions for herself and for her offspring. Evalyn remained hidden a short distance away from the gathering; she was still too young to be left alone. But Kash was only a quick dash away.  So, why not make a run for the gold? If she was not successful, then Kash could return to the place from whence she came. There was no shame in that. But why not give it a shot?

When the striped mare entered the territory shortly after the other mares, she silently sized them up. It was strange that no stallions had tried out for the position that far, but Kash supposed it did not matter exactly. A woman could lead a herd just as effectively as any man could. Gender was not a determining factor of capabilities. It was strictly the mares participating so far, and they gave off formidable presences in their own ways. The first was the chestnut lass, adorned with wings. There were many things that worked in her favor. She was almost a native of this land, and thus knew how it operated. Her bloodlust might also work to her advantage, seeing as that was what was requested initially. And although she was relatively in the same age class, maybe a little younger, than Kash was, that meant she had many years to serve as Queen. It was somewhat admirable that she took responsibility for the herd’s decline as well.

The second mare bestowed with ram-like horns did not want to put in her application, rather pledge loyalty to the latter mare. That was intriguing to see. Perhaps all of these equines were not hardhearted and could cooperate with one another. That worked to the second mare’s advantage. She also seemed a little bit more experienced and had discretion in areas such as these. Making friends and not enemies was always a wise idea. As for the tertiary lady, she seemed to have the most sass and fire. Her spirit was easily acknowledged, and she was not afraid to stand up for her opinion. There seemed to be no fear in mannerisms or way of speaking. This one was a fighter, and would also command the kingdom with confidence. Should she get ahold of the herd, it would and could only spread from there.

Kashmir did not get to see Heretic exactly from her point of view, but heard his voice. There was still doubt in the back of her mind about him, but the hybrid ascertained enough information shortly. After everyone else got all gussied up, she would give her audition next. She stepped forward with her ears perked on her head, and a bright look in her eyes. Her situation was different than the others, and had quite a bit on her plate. Not only that, but Kashmir had a different plate to put things on. She was coming from a different spot, so this would be a new experience altogether. Would she fit the bill? It was all up to the mystical dude in the front of the women. He would probably make the final decision, whoever he really was.

Finally Kashmir spoke up, clearing her throat once before beginning. “Greetings to you all. I want to start by saying that I have never been in the Heretic herd before. I have not been in the Heretic herd nor have I been in any of the others throughout Elysium. For the past couple of months, I actually have been a rogue. My maiden herd was the last I was in, believe it or not. Though I might not have the same pedigree or herd credentials as these fine women have, I do bring something different to the table. I am not a killer or blood letter, and killing for sport actually sort of disgusts me.” It was here that Kashmir paused for effect. What exactly could she bring to the herd if she was the stark opposition to the foundational pillars of it? “I possess a different kind of knowledge, one that could turn this herd on its head. We could live for a better purpose, and those that have let you down will not be in power again. There will be a whole new herd dynamic. I am not immortal. But I know that I am like a breath of fresh air in the lungs of a dead herd.”  

ooc - Kash for empress! c: Heretic Benna Nocturné Malystrix

Commoner

Aggressor
 Adult, 4 yrs  Mare
 15.3 hh  900 lbs
98 Posts 470 points
 Moseley Offline
Posted on Feb 22 2018, 1:52 PM.

Benna was disappointed. So far, aside from Cat Woman, she was the only Heretic to stand before Heretic. Even then, Cat Woman was not throwing her name in for the crown - although the young dragon was grateful for her words and her pledge to the bejewelled mare. She turned her head to face the ram-horned woman as she spoke, watching her intently with glacial eyes. Cat Woman had strength of her own, and although she had not been a member of the herd for long, she had proven she belonged.

The smile pulled at the delicate pink skin of her lips again, and Benna offered her a small nod of gratitude and acknowledgement.

"Thank you," she responded.

Then it was the turn of the first stranger to speak. The creature was foul, rotting flesh clinging to sharpened teeth even now. Talons on her feet clinked against the valley floor as she moved, tail flicking at Benna when she spoke dismissively. Anger burned in her gut, gripping her chest and throat, but Benna only showed it by flicking her ears back against her skull.

"And what do you know, stranger?" the words were a snarl, the feeling new and strange but not at all foreign, "Elysium did nought to stop you either, and yet you only stand forth now to stake a claim? Perhaps you could have stopped us ruining ourselves, as you so say."

The words were spat with distaste and a subtle hint of hatred. But it was wiped when the mare then stepped forward to stand up against the Firstborn himself. A low growl erupted in her throat, starting as a vibration in her chest and rushing through her throat and up through bared teeth.

"How dare you," she began again, "How dare you stand there and claim to know a thing about the Heretics? About Heretic himself? Where were you, then, when we tore into the Eternal Woods? Where were you when the herd was first rising from the dark? Where were you when Heretic bought the Fae from the Immortal Gardens to us, sending the rest of Elysium into a frenzy of fear?"

Benna strode forward to where the mare stood, eyes burning with nothing but rage and hatred, a desire to shed blood ripping through her like a bolt of lightning. Yes, the woman may have towered over her, but Benna felt no fear. She never wavered in her conviction, never stepped down from a challenge. Nothing - absolutely nothing - could make the young Dragon quake where she stood.

"You were not there. I. Was. I still am. You have no right to question something you know nothing of. I will put you in your place myself."

The last sentence was a low challenge, goading the woman to fight her. But then the last mare was speaking, a zebra-striped creature who seemed out of place amongst them. Benna tipped one ear towards her, listening to the woman's words but kept her eyes trained on the mare before her.

She could not help but snort a laugh at this other stranger's words. Her white face turned slightly towards the source of the voice, but still Benna did not withdraw her gaze from the massive mare.

"You may as well leave now," she spoke, amusement clear in her young voice, "If you are not intent on violence. No one here would respect a woman like you. In fact, I know of many who would gladly gobble you up for breakfast. We are not a dead herd. Far from it. Even now, with our Emporer taken, we are feared. You should go, before Rocky gets a whiff of your scent."

The very thought of her Rocky getting his hooves on the mare made amusement curl in her chest. She did not understand why he would be keeping mares, but still. It amused him, it increased their numbers with his offspring and it left a foul taste in the mouths of other herds. In one way or another, their name was still spoken amongst the other lands. And that was what they needed.
OOC| Heretic Nocturné Malystrix Kashmir Ooohh Benna gettin' sassy.

Firstborn

Aggressor
 Immortal  Stallion
 19.2 hh  1900 lbs
11 Posts 465 points
 Staff Offline
Posted on Feb 27 2018, 9:49 AM.

The first one to arrive was whom he knew.  She had been in the herd since it taken shape, as she said, and Heretic had indeed seen her achievements.  She had grit, she had wit, she was willing to cause havoc and was willing to spill blood.  Heretic grinned, pleased, while the darkness around him seemed to shiver in delight as it curled in the air like smoke.  So far, Benna seemed worthy but he wanted to see more, greedily looking over the equines to what they would say - perhaps battle it out.  The thought nearly made him shiver as he licked his lips.  The last time he had demanded his herd to kill the basilisk.  It was fun to watch, seeing the strength and wits play out.   And the blood, oh the blood...!

The next to come popped the balloon of a hopeful battle and Heretic frowned.  As the past leader's confidant, Heretic expected a good fight.  However the mention of finding Draco's kidnapper made Heretic pleased up to a point.  He would've liked it to hear that blood and head's rolling upon the kidnapper.  This Moonfire, he wanted her head for all to see and fear! 

A rogue soon stepped into the throng, pinning her ears as she threw all of her thoughts onto him with such rage, that he was rolling his eyes.  Of course they were his puppets, that was not new.  Heretic then barked with laughter as she lectured him about respect, asking what he done to deserve such loyalty as she circled around him.  His laughter crescendo, echoing off the hills that made the Iron Valley as his dark powers oozed into the sky, blocking the light of the time of day as green lightning flashed in the sky numerous times.  

What impressed him however was how Benna reacted, striding up and voicing his accomplishments as she stood without fear to the taller mare.  Yes...yes!  This is what he wanted to see.  How he so wished to see Benna put the foolish mare in her place before the last one to arrive spoke.  However, her words made him very angry.  He snapped his teeth while stomping the ground in fury, the earth shaking with a groan.  Even though Benna already replied to them calmly, he would not tolerate such a mockery in his presence!  "You foolish mortal dare step before me with such mockery?  If you value that sickening taste of justice, go elsewhere!"  The earth shook as he howled up to the heavens, his voice becoming more and more unnatural as it dispersed into high and low octaves all at once.  "I want to see blood and death!  I want to see fear strike everyone in Elysium!  I don't want your fresh air, mortal!  If killing disgusts you...  You.  Don't.  BELONG.  HERE!!!"  Lightning flashed again and again as large zombified serpents rose up from the ground, hissing their way towards her in hopes to drive her out.  Maybe perhaps a good chomp on her as they were fueled by his rage.  

He turned his attention to Benna with a pleased grin, his voice back to being an ooze sultry as before while the shadows began to lift him in the air.  "You are worthy, and the only one worthy here.  You have grown, you have seen it all from the beginning, and now, you will rule it.  Unleash more blood and wield fear in your reign more than the others before you.  Make Elysium be drowned in it all, Empress Benna, and do not fail me."

Something is happening! Congrats to Benna for becoming Empress of the Heretics!  Everyone is free to continue posting here in reply to Heretic if they wish to.  The new Empress is free issuing ranks immediately for the herd in here as well as in the Rank Updates thread.  

Benna Nocturné Malystrix Kashmir

Rogue

Aggressor
 Adult, 8½ yrs  Mare
 14.2 hh  900 lbs
10 Posts 140 points
 BailanduSilueta Offline
Posted on Feb 27 2018, 5:59 PM.

It appeared there was somewhat of a quaint gathering going on, and Thel assumed her invitation had been lost in the post. Granted, Heretic was not where her alliance lay - in fairness, her alliance was nonexistant and unlikely even if it existed to lie with any named herd of Elysium - but the values Heretics held were at least somewhat similar to her own. Chaos and mischief coursed through her veins though the words might've been a little... tame for her liking. Malice and evil-to-the-bone were a little more fitting.

Travelling across Elysium had brought to the siren's ears the faint whisper of Heretic's change in hand. The new creature to rise to the throne had not yet been named but she knew of the Emperor's kidnapping and the very thought of such a thing made her stomach roll with uncontrollable laughter. The King of chaos himself, stolen from the thrown, crown torn from his head. What a hilarious thought. Thelxepeia knew she could never be a Queen herself. From time to time she cherished the thought of having throngs of people beneath her to control and dictate as she wished, she was more often a lone operator and the lifestyle fitted her better. A small group of wicked creatures beneath her rule, now that she could deal with. The band of 'Merry Men' had been an official herd in the realms of Pantheon, complete with prisoners and perished victims, but the small scale worked far better than a Kingdom would've. Well, so she thought for now. It was too late to place a bid for the rule of Heretic anyway, and for the timebeing the temptress was enjoying the idea of watching everyone struggle around her.

She crossed over the Heretic border without batting an eyelid - those who dared cross her would meet a surely unpleasant end. The mare licked her lips as she quietly wished for an unsuspecting Heretic citizen to block her path. Argenteus, vibrant turquoise humming bird, flew overhead as he twittered somewhat innocently. I say somewhat, but the two of them knew he was more chirping in communication of his own amusement at this whole charade.

The chocolate woman came across a gathering of a handful of creatures, one being Heretic himself, and assumed it to be the 'choosing' of the new royal among this land. From afar, she listened to each prospective ruler as they pledged, laughing at each one in turn. One, though, caused her ears to twitch in rather a different manner. She didn't name herself but her words were vicious and vile, looking down even upon the Deity of cruelty himself, and Thelxepeia found herself momentarily entranced. It had been so long since she had come across a creature as vile as her, and while there was every chance this other mare would be unwilling to work beneath Thelxepeia, it was likely they would at least have a little in common.

She watched, too, as Heretic proceeded to name the first mare, a pathetic young thing called Benna apparently, as the new Emperor. The bejeweled mare nearly spat at the floor in front of her, but instead she howled with shrieking laughter, caring not to hold it back in the presence of so many self-proclaimed powerful characters. No, instead of stepping back and allowing the whole thing to take place, she stepped forwards. Argenteus hovered just behind her, much enjoying the spectacle, as the mare's dark chocolate voice began to speak in mockery. "What an unfortunate display of patheticism," she sneered, eyes scanning over each creature before her but skipping over the one woman she felt she may be able to stand befriending, "I wish you every luck with your fallen kingdom, Benna, I sure do hope no one comes your way looking to collect bloody trinkets..." she offered the new royal a poisoned smile before making her way to the colossal woman who had chastised the God of Heretic himself.

"You. I like you. I'm Thelxepeia, I feel like we should... talk." her eyes hardened as she anticipated the lady's response, curious as to whether she would be accepting or unwilling to cooperate.

Malystrix & others - I couldn't help it... Thel wants a piece of the action.
thelxepeia is pretty X-rated: expect mature references, swearing and probably sex references in most posts
she's pretty open to fighting/being fought without my permission; mild powerplaying is fine, though ask first before seriously injuring,
i won't allow her to be killed, and she will fight back

Confidant

Neutral
 Adult, 6 yrs  Mare
 17.1 hh  1800 lbs
50 Posts 320 points
 Kornari Offline
Posted on Feb 28 2018, 12:32 AM. (Edited: Feb 28 2018, 12:34 AM by Nocturné.)

Nocturné
hic sunt leones
The lioness could see the emotions that crossed the Firstborn's face as she spoke her support of Benna, rather than a challenge. A small twinge of guilt for disappointing him poked at her, but Nocturné could not be bothered to give in to that emotion. While she respected Heretic, and understood his thirst for blood, she was not here to play his game. 

Golden eyes narrowed at each of the scavengers who had crawled out of the shadows, seeking to capitalize on their current weakness. Another dragoness who spit insults at the god who stood before them... How dare this infidel presume to speak to a god in such a way! The biting words to put the mare in her place were on the tip of Nocturné's tongue, until young Benna stole them from her. Nocturné took a measure of satisfaction, and perhaps even a little pride, in the way Benna berated the woman. That, more than anything else, proved to Nocturné that she had chosen wisely in her decision to support the young dragon.

The second stranger was a soft-hearted fool. Knowledge to turn the herd on it's head? That was laughable. This herd did not need knowledge (save for the knowledge of which bastard had stolen their previous Emperor), it needed a leader who would strike fear into the hearts of the other herds... Who would remind them why the children of the Bastard Firstborn were not to be trifled with. Benna did a fine job of telling the woman as much.

The third who arrived waited at the fringes of the group did not speak, but Nocturné watched her warily... The lioness did not like how the vultures had descended upon the herd during this crucial point, and could sense something unsettling about the silent woman. She couldn't linger on the feeling, though, as Heretic spoke once more. The man voiced almost the very same thoughts she had been having to the strangers, before turning to the one he deemed worthy of the crown. It was with no surprise, but with a satisfied smirk, that Nocturné lowered her head respectfully to the Firstborn and to Benna as he named her Empress.

After he had finished speaking, the third stranger spoke up. Her words were laced with a mocking tone. The lioness snarled at the smaller woman, fangs gleaming. 

"That is Emperess to you, rogue. Heretic has chosen her for his representative amongst the herds, and if you do not show her respect I will show you oblivion."

"Vocalization." | Actions | Thoughts

OOC | Heretic Benna Malystrix thelxepeia Kashmir Oooh Noc does not like that disrespect from Thel XD

Empress

Neutral
 Adult, 4 yrs  Mare
 16.2 hh  1400 lbs
56 Posts 945 points
 Olive Offline
Posted on Feb 28 2018, 5:43 PM.

They mocked her. They scorned her. They scathed her. Even the supposed Firstborn she did not even really believe in tried to rip her to shreds. Almost all of the gathered horses tried to make a mockery of Kashmir as she stood there, straight to her face. A lesser, inexperienced horse might have caused an uproar. They might have hissed and spit, thrown a tantrum or whatever else. The fact that they tried to demean her, change her values, and ridicule her did nothing. Nothing except make the mare stand taller and almost feel sorry for the bunch of them. They had so much hatred in their hearts, and death was all that they had to live for. But the striped mare did not say a word until they were all done with their shaming and statements of superiority. She had no insults to throw back at them, no snarky remarks to comment against them, Kashmir merely stood there with a brave face. Her golden eyes did not waver from those that spoke ill of her. There was no reason to be embarrassed or to lose heart, no matter what they said.

The mare had tried to make a difference in this land, so it did admittedly sting a bit in her chest. She could feel the tiny pinch of a bee sting for a moment. But these horses would never yield. They were all stuck in their ways and would actually have fun raising heck around them. Kashmir did not cast out an “I know you are but what am I?” or any of that nonsense. That was immaturity at its finest, and what example would she be setting then? They would have even more fuel to power the fire. Kashmir stood there in their midst with raised brows and an expression of stone. They did not know what they were getting themselves into. This was not a life worth living, but obviously Kash was not the one to tell them that. Some observant, insightful equine they respected would have to. She had thrown her hat into the ring, and it had gotten little more than trampled on. If asked if she would have done it again, indeed she would have. That was the thing about Kash; in her life she had little to no regrets. The mare did not stand idle, but sought to do something better. So, even though they had chosen this Benna character, she was alright.

When all the ridiculing was done, the Friesian Zebra merely sighed and shook her mane out. If they wanted to live this way, they could leave her, and everyone she cared about, alone. The lungs of this land could keep its scars and dark patches. Past leaders obviously were not tending to their mortal duties, and they could continue that way. Kash would have no parts in it, and did not want to subject others to it if at all possible. Turn the waters run red? This herd was predicated on dying, how was this acceptable? But that was not her burden to bear, and she would not mind being miles and miles away. They could form any and all opinions of her and talk behind her back all that they wanted; it no longer mattered. Kashmir walked away from it all, feathered hooves leading her away from the cluster to the only person she wanted to see just then. Getting out of there seemed like the best, and only, choice that they had at the time. Perhaps someone else might have infiltrated the herd and tried to manipulate it from the inside or something. They could have played the part and planned an overthrow of the leadership. That might earn the respect of these herd members. But Kashmir was unpredictable, not radical. There were times when she did random things for show and for the fun of it. There were no playing games here though, and she was not insane. Despite the range of her temperaments, Kash had discretion and wisdom too.  

Dismissing herself from the group, Kashmir went to her daughter, and gently nudged her to her hooves. “Come on Sweetie,” she whispered to her, “This is not a good place for either one of us to stay. They do not welcome newcomers like us.” Evalyn did as she was told, heading towards the border to the land without complaint. She was a compliant child, and that trait just might carry on into her adult life. And while she had quite a bit of development to go, Kash would be pleased if that was the case. At least then she would have done right by her offspring at least. That was one feather in her hat that was irrevocable. And that made the striped mare actually crack the beginnings of a smile. Perhaps she was too soft-hearted for this place. But when was caring about others a bad thing? It never was in Kashmir’s book.

Kash gently scooted her foal over the line marking the territory. Evalyn was safe, that was a primary concern. But before making her own venture out of the lands, the mare stopped. No one could probably hear her thoughts, but she hoped that she had made some sort of change in this group. With one last glance, the mare wished actually wished them good luck. She hoped some goodness still remained within.

[-Exit Kashmir-]

ooc -  Tag everyone!

Rogue

Aggressor
 Adult, 9½ yrs  Mare
 20.0 hh  1800 lbs
5 Posts 290 points
 Serinidia Offline
Posted on Feb 28 2018, 11:06 PM. (Edited: Feb 28 2018, 11:06 PM by Malystrix.)

Malystrix

Cry me a river... so that I can drown you in it.

It would seem as though the stallion sought to avoid giving her a proper answer while his laugh howled through the air and he attempted to frighten her with mere parlor tricks. You have no reasons as to why I should respect you, the realization made her molten eyes glow bright and a low rumbling escaped her throat. It was a laugh, dark and ill-humored as she turned away from the deity and directed her attention to the striped mare. A different path?  The low rumble continued as she flicked her tail dismissively at Benna, allow me to take you down a different path. Her bloodlust was growing as she grew bored of the assembly and wondered belatedly if she had exposed her presence too soon. Impatience has always been a problem of mine. 

"So soon to dismiss?" The crooned question was aimed towards Heretic as she neared the current object of her interest. Serrated teeth flashed as the lightning cut across the sky, "how incredibly rude." Her head tilted as her eyes raked over the stranger's form, "I would think that you'd like to help her become more acquainted with violence." Equine shoulders lifted into a shrug as she moved away from the zebra-like creature. "Or perhaps relish in the agony that your new toy could inflict." 

"As for your questions," she moved back to the new empress with tiniest of grins lifting the corners of her mouth, "they have many answers." Malystrix glanced at Heretic before sweeping her eyes over the rest of the assembled equines. "I do not care for your deities or traditions because I am not from your world, which leads to where I've been." The inky mare seemed to glow as she thought back to her old world, "You take pride in something minor because you've never known anything greater. I pity you." The quilled tail swept along the ground in boredom as she mulled over the supposed feats of the herd. "You equines have always been pompous brats and it seems that not even a change of worlds can cure you of that affliction."

The former queen moved away from the gathering, "While you dilly-dallied here I was busy spreading terror across a different realm." Her eyes seemed to soften and glaze over as she thought about her home. "Horses were such delightful playthings back then and those who crossed me were dissected alive. Have you ever seen a creature's lungs straining to fill with air outside of the body cavity?" Lava watched the empress try to recall such a memory and the low rumbling laugh sounded once more when the only thing Benna could provide was a look of wonder. "No? How disappointing, little puppet."

"At least tell me you've had the decency to eat something while it was still capable of feeling? It was my favorite type of meal as there wasn't anything fresher." Another laugh, this time fonder sounded from the mare, "After all what's living can't spoil. The other dragons were always preferred for that type of meal though, they lasted far longer than you meat snacks." Her eyes rolled and ears pinned, "Oddly enough you weren't the most useless species, the wolves made a far less satisfying meal." A leonine tail flicked in reminder and Malystrix was quick to bring herself back to the original topic. "Anyways, that world is... destroyed. It smelled amazing the final days, the bloated carcasses of the poisoned inhabitants helped quite a bit. Unfortunately, dead things could not sustain my body and I was forced to enter your damnable world." Her head tilted as she calculated how long she'd been in Elysium. "I believe I've lurked for about a month now, assessing the state of affairs with each herd. Draco would have made an excellent pet and perhaps an interesting partner," there was a dramatic sigh, "but I'll never know."

Malystrix climbed further up the mountain, disdain for those gathered below her evident in every movement. "I interest you?" The words were purred at the chocolate mare, as molten flickered over the graceful frame. "How quaint. Is there a reason I should care?"

OOC Well Malys, tell us what you really think
Tagging | [@Heretic] [@Nocturne] [@Benna] and [@Thelxepeia]

Commoner

Aggressor
 Adult, 4 yrs  Mare
 15.3 hh  900 lbs
98 Posts 470 points
 Moseley Offline
Posted on Mar 01 2018, 3:45 PM.

Her head nodded to Heretic respectfully, accepting her new position with grace.

"Thank you," Benna replied to him as shadows lifted the ethereal stallion away, "You shall not regret this choice."

She swelled with both pride and joy, but did not let her childish glee shatter the image she had just created. Not that it had much time to do so, as a minuscule - and wow, she really was tiny - stepped forward to mock her.

Her pale nostrils flared, a snort escaping them before she could stop it. But that was all the response she spared the creature before Nocturné stepped in to shut Tiny down, her sharp teeth gleaming and voice spitting like that of an angered cat. She would speak to Cat Woman in a moment, but for now these rats needed to be disposed of.

The young dragon could not help but be disappointed when the half-zebra stepped away without further challenge, a foal at her side.  But it seemed that Sharp Tooth wished to make up for that, opening her mouth to spew yet more insults and mockery.

Apparently, her questions had many answers. That was a roundabout way of saying she didn't have any answers, wasn't it? She then continued on, trying to ridicule Benna's experiences and short lifetime of experience. Yet Sharp Tooth was stepping away, moving backwards from the gathering and placing distance between them.

The images the mare's words stirred in her imagination, the blood dripping from bodies as lungs were pulled from their spines, was a beautiful thing. No, Benna had not seen it. But it was quickly scratched into the list of torturous methods she wished to implement.

And then, Benna snorted with amusement. Sharp Tooth spoke like she was entitled to rule this world simply because she claims to have demolished another. It was as if she believed words and appearances alone would make them all cower before her, but she was sorely mistaken. Nothing would make Benna stand down or quake in her shoes.

Instead, she stepped forwards again, prowling towards Sharp Tooth, gaze unflinching as she spoke, "So, you have been lurking in the shadows like a terrified little whelp, watching as we did this - whatever this is - to ourselves, instead of stepping in if you can see so clearly what this herd needed? And, are you saying you sat back and watched the Emporer until this very moment when we find ourselves without him? And you expect us to treat you like royalty for finally gracing us with your presence?"

Benna dropped her head to chest height, her positioning becoming aggressive, like a wolf stalking its prey. She would drive this woman from the borders now the politics of the situation were over.

"May I suggest that both you and Tiny over there take a leaf out of Stripey's book and leave. If you have no intentions of joining us, then you are trespassing on Heretic land."
OOC| eep short post sorry @[thelxepia] Nocturné Malystrix Kashmir