04-18-18March OTM Voting is up, go vote!

03-31-18 ★ We've added a OOC Account field in Account Approval area where you must link your OOC Account's URL from now on. This has been confusing some when they join so hopefully this helps!

03-30-18 ★ A wild update has been posted! (Read more)

03-20-18 ★ Prince Hénrie has arrived. Will he make a big impression on the herds, or will they be the ones making the impression on him? (Read More)

Summer, Year 3    Leviticus Era
The Red Wastes now has a sub-forum of its own! All Lyrus members can post there but outsiders beware!
The training battle between Gotham City and Caelian has been decided on a winner!
Join Lord Kyrian in celebrating springfires on the shores of Satin Beach!
Congratulations to Kyrian, new Lord of Arae!
Shakaya is the new Carinae Queen!
The Crucis king, Gotham City, is holding a ball to celebrate his rise to the throne, and invited all herds to participate!

Chatter
Cbox silent? We're in our Discord.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Winter's Flight
Rogue

Neutral
 Adult, 6 yrs  Mare
 17.2 hh  1100 lbs
51 Posts 250 points
 Randalin Offline
Posted on Mar 03 2018, 12:20 AM.

Arête

She had held a flame of hope, the barest of embers; close to her broken heart during the winter months…it flickered briefly before going out the morning before spring emerged. Cerulean eyes watched the last snowflakes melt away and the aching in her chest increased as the buds on the trees developed. I cannot bear this place. Her soul hurt, a place she never wanted to feel the pain again, but with the fleeing of the cold, the numbness holding the broken pieces together shattered. In its place she began to feel all the locked away emotions and her walls crumbled into oblivion; the stark reality of her situation (of how alone she truly is) staring into that wounded soul became too much. 

She did not sleep that night, knowing the nightmares would no longer be content in the shadows of her mind and the worry on Ozereus’s face became more apparent as the hours wore on until sunrise.

Arête remained stoic, working tirelessly to channel the horrid emotional wave back into neat, chaotically organized boxes.

As dawn trickled into the cave, its soft orange-pink light scattering the lingering pitch of night, her muscles relaxed from their rigid stance and she finally made eye contact with the near frantic man pressed to her side. I did not know you cared so much. Her eyes seemed to say as she stared into his silvered pools and his gruff voice murmured quietly, calling her ten shades of fool. A rueful smile dispelled the gloom from dark features for a moment and she placed a soft kiss on his cheek before telling him her plans. With an emphatic nod, the Shadow agreed and the pair set off from the cavern, his bellowing voice calling the Herbalist to their midst.
The pair wait, his shadows circling them both, a reflection of his magic and her growing despair. She dare not call the armor to cover her, knowing the previously perfect fit will now be too loose, her appetite a thing of the past.

While she waits in the coming day’s light, she leans against the one constant in her life, Ozereus. His light shifting with every breath a reminder to her to keep breathing when all she wants to do is rest against the warming earth and let the heavens carry her spirit away. 

"Speech." | Thoughts.

OOCShakaya This is Arête handing the crown of Carinae to Shakaya 

Do not hesitate to power play within reason! 

If you are unsure, PM me before you post and I will let you know.

Queen

Neutral
 Adult, 5 yrs  Mare
 15.2 hh  800 lbs
50 Posts 165 points
 Serinidia Offline
Posted on Mar 03 2018, 3:31 AM. (Edited: Mar 03 2018, 3:33 AM by Shakaya.)

Shakaya

The healer had been pacing through the fields, ears pinned as she attempted to come up with solutions that would ease her Khaleesi's stress. The strong mare that she had first met was long gone and Shakaya could hardly recognize her friend anymore. Never one to be overly social, Arete had become even more reclusive over the past few months. White lips turned toward the ground in a frown as the vixen continued to trample the grass around her until her legs grew tired. How have we displeased you? The question was aimed at her Firstborn as she flopped onto the matted vegetation. How do I make everything okay?

Shakaya, the loud summons made her heart skip a beat and her breath catch before she remembered that no mare could ever have that deep baritone. A shakey exhale was the only visible sign of her surprise and her head lowered before facing the direction of the summons. Have you finally come to your senses? The tentative tendril of hope started to unfurl as she rose to her hooves. Are you going to accept my help? Will you eat, Khaleesi? Maybe she needs food and that is why I've been called upon. "Grab one of the apples," the request was spoken softly, "please." There was a nod from Yiteri and the rat disappeared briefly before coming back into view with one of the desired apples. Shakaya nudged her companion in thanks before grabbing the apple and launching herself into the air.

Its always been easier to see from the air, relief flooded through her at the sight of her leader standing quite alert. Her shadow was circling only a little higher than the healer herself and she nodded at him in greeting. Shakaya touched down smoothly and did her best to ignore the drool that was starting to form in the corners of her mouth. Of course, Khaleesi likes the one thing that makes me drool like no tomorrow,  amethyst eyes widened and she turned away before spitting the apple out and used her wings to dry it. Unwilling to encourage her saliva glands, the healer opted to use her telekinesis to make the fruit hover in the air. "H-eeee-y." The greeting was muffled as she proceeded to wipe her muzzle before turning back to face her friend. "You summoned me because you are hungry... right?"

Word Count:
OOC| Forever graceful XD

Rogue

Neutral
 Adult, 6 yrs  Mare
 17.2 hh  1100 lbs
51 Posts 250 points
 Randalin Offline
Posted on Mar 04 2018, 1:10 AM.

Arête

She feels the concerned amusement pouring off of the great shadow-cloaked beast as he observes the teal mare wipe off an apple before presenting it. A smile twitches at the corners of her mouth and she chastises him silently, not a single visible clue as to her thoughts showing in her expression. Instead she turns her attention back to the brightly colored healer, a slight gentling to her eyes, their pale glow less piercing than a moment before. The offering of her favorite treat is appreciated and she knows that she made the correct decision with the choice before her. Nodding once to Ozereus she watches as he takes the fruit in the curling tip of a single oversized wing before resuming her focus on Shakaya. 

She will enjoy the favorite shortly, but for now she needs to focus on her immediate goal; the passing of a crown.

A crown she never wanted, a crown she never dreamt of possessing a second time…it breaks her heart to stay in this land where she dared dream a second time.

I cannot remain.

Her thought then repeats but outside of her own brokenly haunted brain, where everyone can hear the proclamation. ”I cannot remain.” She looks to the healer she once disliked with nothing less than soft affection glimmering in the shattered depths of her eyes. ”Shakaya, if you are willing…” A pause as she glances at her faithful Shadow and constant companion, the silvered galaxies in his stare giving her the courage to leave and begin anew. ”I will see you as Carinae’s Queen.” Now, a slight smile curls the edges of fragile lips and she steps closer to the woman she counts as friend in the depths of her heart. She waits a moment before speaking once more, giving Shakaya a chance to absorb the news. ”This is little left for me here and to linger—I cannot wallow in this place any longer. I trust you to lead whoever remains and to breathe life into this land as I have failed to do.”

Failed? The word brushes against the confines of her scattered, darkened thoughts and she rejects it. No, she did not fail, she merely quit. She stopped living all those months ago and without Davri’s presence to light the ever darkening skies of her life, she quit. Turning toward the now brighter heaven she lets out a breath to release the mounting tension and gently taking the apple from Ozereus’s wing she finally eats it. Her thanks is communicated through the light dip of her head and the playing of a smile across pitch features. ”I will not return for the foreseeable future, nor will I ever wish for this land to be mine again so please lead them as I have not, my friend.”

With a last nod of respect to the mare, Arête wills out her newfound spectral wings, their appearance much like the shadows that cling to her companion and launches into the clouds. She knows Shakaya will be the queen she can no longer be and never truly wished to be in the first place and the curvature of silk lips returns. The beating of great wings captures her attention and the tension leeches from her body the further the two of them fly from where her heart broke a second, and the final time.

"Speech." | Thoughts.

Do not hesitate to power play within reason! 

If you are unsure, PM me before you post and I will let you know.